Build your own Flamethrower is not too difficult, but you must be serious doing this job ! If you don't, you could die or be burned and suffering horribly !

I can help you step by step doing this job, just contact me at this adress :

[email protected]

I don't do that for money, my job gives me enought ... But just because it is a passion for me, I LOVE Flamethrower since more than 15 years !

some precious datas :

Pressure in US Flamethrowers : 20 to 25 bar ( 300 to 375 PSI ).
but 18 bar ( 260 PSI ) is enought to produce good flame !

pressure gas : simple compressed air is ok !
But if you are scarred, you can use CO2 or Nitrogen, works well too !
The pressure used in Military Flamethrower was 2100 PSI.
( IMPORTANT : This is the Pressure into the high pressure tank !!! This Pressure must be lowered before to go into the Fuel tank. )

cheap tank : simple fire extinguisher !
they are tested to 24 bar. ( 360 PSI )
Originally, theire working pressure is 14 to 16 bar.

Cheap regulator : those used in Paintball gun, the " REG ", but they do not permit enormous flow. You can use Welding regulator, or Better, high Flow regulator From MITY MITE ( the 94 ) or Aqua Environment ( the mod. 873 ).

Important : always use a overpressure relief valve !
You can use those used in GPL tank ! ( open at 27 bar )
I bought one for 60 Euros ( around 75 $ ) here in France.
But other models are ok, from pneumatic component company.

the Flamegun ... the most complicated parts, but you can use Agricultural spraygun with a modified drip free nozzle, no rubber valve ! just a metallic contact to close the opening ... ( like on paint gun, with the little needle ).

Finally, to light the Fuel, place a simple Propane welding torch ( with a Piezzo lighting, more easy to use ! ), with the flame close to the Nozzle.

The Fuel : You should use DIESEL, it is the most safe as it must be vaporized to burn ( one or two Atomizer hole, .02 to .03 inch in Diameter, will be drilled at the front of the Nozzle ).

You can use many other flamable liquid, as a mixture of Gasoline and motor oil ( 4 part Gasoline and 6 part Motor oil ), but this stuff is more dangerous and should be use with extreme care ( Use Nitrogen a high pressure Gas ! ).

See you soon my Friends !

AL

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2007 12:12 AM: Message edited by: crazylover ]</font>