Hello! I’m new here so I hope I’m not posting inappropriately. I am seeking advice about my childhood Samantha (best guess is 1994-1996).

I have pulled her out to clean up for my unborn daughter (due in two months, so I wouldn’t actually give it to her for about 7 years, but nesting lol).

I thought she was in worse shape but she seems to be pretty good. Tight joints, working eyes, no marks or stains. Complete meet outfit plus two others (winter and birthday). The only bad thing is her hair, which leads me to my question: should I rewig her?

I have a vague memory of trying to curl her hair, then trimming it when that didn’t work. Her hair is a little shorter than it originally was and it’s lost its curl. But it’s not terrible. It is however much thinner. I can see that quite a lot of it has come out of the wig cap.

She would be more fun for a child with new hair, but I’d hate to ruin her by rewigging if it’s better to just keep her as a shelf doll and pass down to my daughter as a collector item that might be worth something one day.

What would you do? Would rewigging ruin her value or has the damage already been done?

PS: I have photos but am struggling to upload. I will keep trying or I can email them if anyone would like.