Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Author's notes: Hey guys and gals this is a four part story, this takes place right when our favorite Fuzzy Elf comes home after Colossus's death. Let me know what ya think!

Homecoming:

The school was empty. It?s walls felt cold and lonely. The mansion had taken on it?s own character through out the years, over this last year it had lost much of it?s joy. Death had come to Xavier?s many times this last time it seemed it would destroy the dream for good. The heart of the school was dead. His ghost and memory was felt throughout the school. It drove many of its students away. The man known as Colossus was no more. A painting hung on the lobby of the school. Dark swirling colors, thick layers of paint and one small point of light made up the piece. Piotr had told his friends that the light was Charles Xavier and the dark swirling colors represented the chaos that revolved around them. Now all that looked upon the piece knew Piotr was wrong. The light wasn?t Charles it was Piotr. He was the light that anchored them in the coming storm.
    Kurt found himself staring at the painting. Tears welled up in his eyes. He hadn?t been home for months. Piotr?s ghost had haunted the young X-Man. Over the years Piotr had become Kurt?s best friend. He still couldn?t believe the young artist was gone. Kurt finally tore himself away from the painting and walked into the living room. The room itself was the same, yet it was cold. No late night movies and popcorn had been consumed in this room for months. Kurt walked past the coffee table and on into the kitchen. He noticed when he passed a TV Guide lying by itself on the corner of the table. Its date was from the same time when Kurt had left. He was right; this room of memories had died months ago.
    ?Kurt, you?re home,? said a sweet voice. ?Ja? he simply stated. ?Come downstairs, we?re in the meeting room? then the voice was gone. Kurt half-smiled; the voice belonged to Jean Grey-Summers it was a voice at one time that he thought he would never here again. Kurt made his way to the elevator and descended into his own personal hell.

?Logan, this must be a top priority, all of the other former students and known mutants are accounted for, Jonathan Starsmore is the only one we haven?t heard from? said a tall athletic man. His brown hair clashed greatly with the thin red visor that covered his eyes. ?Well maybe the kid doesn?t want to be found, maybe he?s sick of this crap and wanted to go home? Logan replied. ?That?s fine, but both of us know how dangerous a time it is right now, anyone affiliated with the word X-Men might as well be walking around with a bulls eye on his chest, just fly to London and find him and see how he?s doing, that?s all?. Logan gruffed and sat back in his chair, the young man sitting next to him spoke up, ? I?ll go Scott, it?ll be fine, Warren and I can hop over there and be back in a day, the kid probably just wants to be left alone?. ?Fine, than Bobby and Warren will handle this and Logan you?re coming with me, there?s something I wanna check out ? Logan knodded in agreement. Jean Grey-Summers entered the room with Warren Worthington. Warren was holding schematics in one hand and his cell phone in the other. Jean smiled at the other two men and made an announcement. ? Kurt is home,? she said simply and both men sighed relief. Kurt?s presence was greatly needed, both men would agree upon that. They were also worried that they had lost Kurt for good, they hoped this meant that the blue skinned X-Man was here to stay.
    Kurt entered the room a few minutes later. There were no words. Scott was the first to embrace him. Then Warren and Bobby, the three men piled their arms around Kurt. The sea of arms finally parted leaving Kurt looking at probably one the most beautiful women in the world, Jean Grey-Summers. She wore all black, as did the rest of the other three. Jean ran toward Kurt and hugged him tightly. ?Welcome home, pirate?. Kurt felt relief run over him and tears welled up in his eyes. He was home he was with family. He then noticed the one person he wanted to see most was not present. Jean knew instinctively whom Kurt was looking for and whispered in his pointed ear ?He?s upstairs Kurt, we both know he wants you to follow him? Kurt smiled down into his friend?s green eyes. He then looked up at the other three, ?Thank you mein freunds, seeing the four of you here together, well it means a lot? Kurt smiled and in trademark fashion he disappeared in an explosion of fire and brimstone.
    Kurt reappeared in the massive garage of the mansion. He knew this is where Logan would come, he was right. In the corner or the massive room a tiny light showed on a equally massive motorcycle. Beside it sat Logan, a man who had become more than a friend to Kurt. A man he called brother. At times Kurt felt that Logan was truly the only real family he ever had. Kurt knew Logan felt the same. ?How ya doin?, Elf?? The short, wide man asked. ? Better, Logan, better?. ?Good then ya can take that crap off from around your neck? Kurt laughed, Logan was referring to the priest?s collar that now adorned him. ? I knew you would say that? Kurt said as he sat down next to Logan and placed a hand on his shoulder
    ? I have missed you mein freund?.
    ? Same here, Elf?
    Logan put his arms around the man and squeezed him tightly. Kurt enjoyed the moment he shared with Logan. As they withdrew from the embrace Kurt saw a tear stream down Logan?s cheek. Kurt said nothing and acted like he never saw it, there was only one time Kurt could remember seeing his friend this upset, the day of Jean?s funeral.Kurt's homecoming signified the fact that the X-Men were moving on after Piotr's death.
    ?Well, Elf, climb on? Logan said as he stood and got onto the huge Harley. Kurt grabbed a helmet and climbed onto the bike. ? What we need is a good beer? Logan stated as he started up the bike. Kurt held on and he knew their destination: Harry?s.

to be continued smile

------------------
    -Craig

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that is really nice.. made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside smile

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.bronzepig.com" TARGET=_blank>
    My Homepage - art and animation gallery mostly</A>
    <A HREF="http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/j/i/jill/jill.html" TARGET=_blank>
    My Elfwood Fantasy Art Gallery- from here access my Fan Art and Sci-Fi galleries</A>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very nice! I look forward to seeing the rest.

------------------
    No matter where you go, no matter what you do, no matter what troubles you may encounter in life --- there are nine hundred million people in China who really couldn?t care less. So you might as well have a good time.
    ===={::??@m??::}====

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Good story, PA!

Want more of this homecoming!

------------------
    "Verdammte Ausl?nder!", Nightcrawler, Ultimate X-Men #10

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cool story! keep going, keep going

------------------
    "give me a kiss tall and dark bamfsome!!!"nightcrawler first mini.
    "I will remember that looking up X-rated pictures of Nightcrawler does not count as a love-life." CFAN, bad writer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool! Keep it up there, NightcrawlerPA! (And please, don't do this to us, let's us now what happens next!)