Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WELCOME, MY FRIENDS, to the first weekly/bi-weekly installment of KC's Comic Column! Every one or two weeks I'll give ya a small rundown of what each was about and how it ranks on the <font color=#ffcc00>Knight_Crawler Scale of Quality</font>. The <font color=#ffcc00>KCSQ</font> is from 1 to 10, 1 being total crap that's not worth the paper it's printed on, and 10 being the utmost in illustrated literature.

Some issues may be "old" but the review will be posted when I read them, cuz I said so. tongue

I don't think I actually got all the ones I had planned on getting, and not all of the are X-Men related, but hey, it's a comic board. biggrin

<font color=#ffcc00>X-Men: Evolution #3</font> - Yet another surprisingly satisfying issue. This one follows Jean's recruitment & first few days in Bayville. Very cool how they show her telepathy out of control, virtually covering two pages with random thoughts that people may have. Wont spoil it any more than I already have, but it also gives us some nice insight as to why Toad is so twisted.
    <font color=#ffcc00>----KCSQ: 6.5</font>

<font color=#ffcc00>Wolverine # 172</font> - WOOOO!! ALPHA FLIGHT BABY!! This is the first time in months that I've actually picked this book up, and I can't tell if I'm coming in in the middle of story or not. It stands alone, but starts out with Wolvie's ass pre-whupped. Anyway, it's decent, though it seems that everytime Wolvie is in Canada it has to have something to do with the Wendigo, and it just seems...unoriginal. However, the twist it has taken is pretty cool and the story is well written. The best part? A cameo by the OL' FASTBALL SPECIAL!
    <font color=#ffcc00>----KCSQ: 6.0</font>

<font color=#ffcc00>Spider-Man's Tangled Web #10</font> - OOOOOH MAN!!! Even if you're not a Spidey fan, you should check this one out! Continuing Tangled Web's tradition of great shorter stories, this is a one shot by Kaare Andrews about how Spidey might appear to normal people, in this case two small boys. Spidey crashes through their living room wall with Electro in tow and you really get a feel of the humanity in this book. Not to mention, the art is FANTASTIC!!! It's mostly painted or psuedo-painted and it is just GREAT!
    <font color=#ffcc00>----KCSQ: 8.5</font>

[This message has been edited by Knight_Crawler (edited February 06, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Woohoo!! Something to look forward to!! biggrin

If I wasn't so poor, methinks I would seriously be buying Evo... (at least it is getting good, aside from all the crap we first heard about it. smile Besides, we have our good friends Nocturne and Thundercat to help us out, right?? wink biggrin )

Not much for me to say about the other two... except that I'm always glad to hear about a good Spider-Man offshoot. biggrin

Hey, one question for ya, KC: Mind if we post our own comparative reviews,if you happen to review one that we get, on this thread? Just wondering. smile

------------------
    ===={::&gt;&gt;?@mf&lt;&lt;::}====
    "Abandon hope all ye who enter here -- except Tuesdays & Thursdays: 5-7.00 pm." Nightcrawler #3, Vol.1