Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Uncanny 404 and 405... and heck, even 406!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

exactly, Casey is merely working with what he's got, if Claremiont hadn't made him into a priest in training, i doubt any of us would have any problems with Nightcrawler's characterization because Casey would be writing him as his old self. mad Casey has said himself he is a big Nightcrawler fan, that is why he chose him. but he, like most of us, was a fan before the priest bit, he is trying to get him outa the collar, but he is doing so slowly so it is a tad more realistic than the sudden change *to* a priest, and i think he is toning down his personality right now so that when he is out of the collar, the change will be more obvious. atleast be thankful that Casey is making him into a leader again. admittedly, Kipiniak has done a better job with Kurt being a priest in training, but then again, i highly doubt anyone would want Uncanny to be based around a church, unless it was integral to the specific story, such as the Church Of Humanity.

he obvioulsy understands the characters chosen, and how to write different types of characters. his Archangel, Iceman and Chamber are all spot on, (after a few rough spots in the beginning). and just the few scenes wiht the Gen X gals, and Banshee, those are all really in character too, Paige's shy, Jubilee's spunky, M is arrogant, very in character. except the parts where the X-Men themselves said Banshee was not acting himself, so it was on purpose, so was Banshee. trust me this departure from Kurt's old self is not an accident or sloppy writing, it is for a reason. (ok Multiple Man is out of character, but again, i feel a reason will be revealed soon)

whew. you certainly can tell i am leader of the Defenders of Uncanny over at X-Fan can't ya?

for me, of the 3 core boks, at first New was in first place with me, with Uncanny in second, X-Treme in third. lately tho, Uncanny has nosed ahead of New with the X-Corps. it's damn good reading. why i like it, Caseys writing in general, but this particular arc especially, is this; you are not a passive reader, you are expected to infer things and pick up clues and figure them out for yourself. if you do not do that, if you merely read through it and take everything at face value without trying to figure out things, you will not enjoy it as much. half the fun of the X-Corps so far for me is playing detective to figure out Surge was Mystique! all will be revealed eventually, but in the mean time it keeps you thinking and guessing wiht all the little clues scattered around, some are genuine, some are red herrings. the true ones are not quite enough to totally give it away with absolute certainty, so when the grand reveal comes you are either blown away in shock, or patting yourself on the back for getting it right. smile i like that. also i like that it is not reliant on captions and thought bubbles. do you need a narrator to tell you things while watching a tv show, tell you what a character is feeling? no. why should you in a comic, when a picture can speak a thousand words, as they say?

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.bronzepig.com" TARGET=_blank>
    Homepage</A>
    <A HREF="http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/j/i/jill/jill.html" TARGET=_blank>
    Elfwood Gallery</A>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BAMFCentral:
    Nocturne:

Well if you are right, that is some amazing deduction. It would be nice to see Mys return to Uncanny. Man right when Casey is flexing his muscles, he is leaving..... Though I still don't forgive him too much for Poptopia, or that Wolv/Phoenix moment. But it has dramatically improved.

Now if we can just get interaction between her and Kurt hmmmm........

</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha-HA!!! who was right? [img]wink.gif[/img] dat's right folks, the shit has hit the fan, and Mystique is confirmed in 405 to be the one behind it all!!! there is more to it than that, but I wont spoil it too much... and oooooh she is nasty this issue! poor Banshee [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Credit definately goes your way for deduction. Now if only Casey also comes up with a good reason for Her involvment. But overall good build up so far.

It is just really sad that Poptopia and the whole Jean/Wolv issue were just so bad!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i guess all will be resolved about her involvement next issue. as for the others, why not jsut try and forget em? i agree Poptopia was not exactly stellar, but Casey is a damn good writer, he really is. he was just off with that one arc... i rather liked the first issue, with Warp Savant. just forget the infamous kiss and read it for what it really is - a story about the effect of media on the youth.

anywho... i jsut noticed Sean Phillips - while overall his Nightcrawler is lookng better and better every issue, forgot to draw his tail! he has his tail for one panel in the entire book [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nocturne:
    well i guess all will be resolved about her involvement next issue. ... i agree Poptopia was not exactly stellar, but Casey is a damn good writer, he really is. ....
    ... Sean Phillips ...forgot to draw his tail! he has his tail for one panel in the entire book [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh I noticed that too! [img]smile.gif[/img] Reminded me of Nocturne from Exiles for a bit. Tail again gone tomorrow.

Yes Casey is good, I wasn't trying to harp on him. I actually enjoyed his Wildcats, I was just trying for comparison. Between his stumble and his eventual flow. I wasn't bashing, at least I didn't mean too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234