Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
    ...Unless it's just a metaphor for the cold abandonment in his little fuzzy head.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm leaning towards that idea myself SLARTI! It's a pretty big long shot, but i'd be ecstatic if the 'mystery friend' was JUDITH RASSYNDYL, (sp?) the Princess Nightcrawler rescued while single-handedly defeating ARCADE and MURDERWORLD waaaay back in UNCANNY #204. (Coincidentally the last Uncanny ish to spotlight Kurt on the cover.)

Now that I think about it, unless he's had some kind of off-panel interaction with her over the years, I guess you couldnt really call 'em friends. It would be pretty nice though to have a buddy with an entire country for you to "seek refuge" in!

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    has it really been twoHUNDRED issues since he's been featured on the cover of Uncanny? that's sad [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

wasn't there the one with Cecilia Reyes? (two against the Neo) I mean, It wasn't solo, but close. I really loved that cover by the way...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh yeah! but i do believe that was X-Men not Uncanny... oh well, in any case, it WAS a nice cover [img]wink.gif[/img] and it just occured to me that half the reason for the lack of covers is he was over in Excalibur. heh... not so bad then, as he was almost always on the cover of Excalibur. I love that 'Kurt Wagner Warlord of...?" cover formthe Cross Time Caper, the one that is all Frazetta inspired. it's great [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

ELWING I really liked that cover too! When the heck are we going to hear from Doc REYES again anyway? (Which also makes me wonder when were going to hear from our long lost resident CECILIA REYES maniac DRAGONLADY [img]frown.gif[/img] )
    NOCTURNE it is pretty sad when ya think about it. Counting the upcoming 407 Nightcrawler has only had about two UNCANNY covers total! [img]mad.gif[/img] Ugh.
    I agree that his being (arguably) the star of EXCALIBUR does ease the pain of his historical lack of Uncanny exposure.

Heh heh heh....if I remember correctly EXCAL # 16, the infamous "Warlord" ish, is a favorite of just about every female elfaholic in this forum. (I cant remember which one of our lady elficionados said she keeps it in her bedroom.... [img]redface.gif[/img] )

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oooh! I wouldn't mind if Dr. Reyes was in it. She was cool.
    Yes, that cover is a little depressing. I prefer my elf swashbuckling myself! nc huge grin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

somneone posted this over at X-Fan and i jsut had to share nc laugh
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Punctuator
    ....'cause it's Kitty, see, an' she's on spring break, an' she does what any sensible person does on spring break: she goes skiing. An' 'bout halfway through her fifteenth "Agony of Defeat" headgrinder on the bunny slope, she recalls that she can't ski worth beans--which is okay, 'cause the thing she hit just prior to her fifteenth AOD wipeout was not a stump or a boulder roughly the size of a VW Beetle like the fourteen times before but was in fact her old pal Nightcrawler! Yay! Rah-hoo! Anyway, she lugs him back to her chalet (or luxury suite at the Motel Six), revives him through the careful, medicinal administration of Dunkel Dunkel (a beer so dark it makes Guinness look like Evian) and hangs his *happenin'* leather wetsuit and priest collar over the fire to dry. The collar, however and quite by accident, PLUMMETS TO ITS DOOM IN THE FLAMES. Boo--! Boo hoo--! Nightcrawler is so distraught that Kitty orders a pizza. His favorite, even: sauerkraut, spinach, chicken, and pineapple. And then--IT'S NOOGIE TIME!!! Yee haw, etc!!! Twenty-four straight pages of Marvel K-nights merriment in the mighty DC Vertigo tradition! With ads! In a plastic bag pre-taped for your enjoyment with a "MATURE AUDIENCES" sticker!

Just kidding. I think. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehehe! i would buy that *grins at her mental image* this story just makes my evening...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

*ROTF LMAO at the extremely funny, but impossible to read on this screen quote*

I certainly would buy that issue!

Yeah, that long run of Kurt-free Uncanny issues would have a hella lot to do with 11 years in Excalibur, plus how ever many issues he was comatose for.

Bamf, it was Drags who said she kept Excalibur 16 in her nightstand. Ah, I miss her... *sniff*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He was comatose from Uncanny X-Men #211, where he basically got torn to pieces, to Uncanny X-Men #227, where he woke up just in time to have Kitty tell him the X-Men were 'dead'...talk about a rude awakening!

Hope he's not out that long in the current Wolverine storyline...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast