Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

ok i am very sorry this is way WAAAY off topic. but i trust you guys opinions, y'all are such a friendly helpful bunch. [img]wink.gif[/img] I opened a store at http://www.cefepress.com (if you want to open a store, put gryphon in the referral box when you sign up, please!)

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/st...irlunicorn,fae

so there it is.

question one. you think that stuff will sell? should i bother expanding the store?

question two. prices. as it stands, depending on the base price i stand to make 1-3 dollars per sale on the products as is. i wasn't sure what to price them, so I just raised the price by a dollar or two on each item from the base price. But naturally I want to rake in as much cash as possible [img]wink.gif[/img] how much do you think I could stand to raise prices on some of the items, I am mostly interested in the mugs, Baby Doll T's, caps, and regular T's. say for a babydoll t, would you be willing to pay, say... $22 for one? $25 even? if i don't sell $10 worth every quarter, i forfeit my profits, ye see. but i'd let you guys make your purchases before i hike up the prices [img]wink.gif[/img] i think the mousepad and coasters are way expensive for what they are, but I can't lower the price any more or I would make no money on them... but some items i think maybe could be raised a tad... whadda ya think? as stated i'd let you guys in under the wire, so don't quote low cause of that.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 30, 2002 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok... I'll go first.

Personally, I wouldn't buy any of the stuff, but that's because I couldn't be seen with a unicorn on my shirt! nc razz If there was a nightcrawler pick, I would take my parent's credit card and buy a mug, boxers, and possibly a baseball jersey!

As for prices, they seem reasonable enough for most of them (13 bucks for a mousepad though?) That's the price that I pay for clothes usually, and since it has artowrk done by you on it, you could probably raise the price a buck or two. (T shirts could go up to $18.00) If you can add an introduction or something to your shop, say that it will pay your way through art school. That's how my friend sells his stuff, and he sucks.

Great artwork and the best of luck with the shop!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Quick statement. Coool. [img]smile.gif[/img]

While I think most of us would by items with NC on it, that might not be a good idea. Copy Right/ Trademark infringement. You would be making a profit, however small, off something of someone else's.

Anyway, best of luck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BAMFCentral:

While I think most of us would by items with NC on it, that might not be a good idea. Copy Right/ Trademark infringement. You would be making a profit, however small, off something of someone else's.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you're right...nc frown

Of course you could create a whole new character that just "looks" an awful lot like NC. Plus even though it is copyright infringment, I doubt Marvel would take legal actions for such a small deal. I recall seeing some T-shirts a while back with NC on them and they weren't official. I woulda bought one but they were ugly.

But if you put some more stuff on there not NC related I'll check it out. I may buy something. You can never have to many boxers! Or mugs! (I have a whole cupboard full of just mugs!)nc huge grin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well actually there is ONE way i *might* be able to get away withputting Nightcrawlr on there and keep it legal at the same time - parody. if i put the X-Toons up there, technically it is legal because it is a parody of both the X-Men and the Loony Tunes. this is how Mad Magazine gets away with it. but atthe same time i don't want to, too risky... i could potentially face the wrath of two very big companies....

that being said... what *would* you buy, even if it does not have Nightcrawler, would you buy something humorous? i have LOADS of cartoon characters that could be used on stuff like this. Spike would probably be the most obviouschoice... he is my most recognizable character and he's damn cute.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd buy Spike boxers! That dragon is way cool! I need some more boxers so I'm pushing that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you got it [img]wink.gif[/img] as soon as i am done these X-Assault pics, i will do some Spike pis suitable for boxers and T-Shirts and whatever else [img]tongue.gif[/img]