Thread: Nightcrawler Merchandise That You May Not Have....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok so I was organizing my comic collection (actually I was hiding the Howard the Ducks from my little brother), when I came across an old toy that got me all nostalgic.

A while back, a long while, they had these magic tricks that you could buy in little sets. They got popular for a while. They were all those slight of hand type things. I don't remember what they were called but they were pretty simple. Like my first magic trick kinda thing. Anyway, MArvel jumped on the band wagon and made some X-Men themed magic tricks. These immedietaly bombed and when I was in PicNSave YEARS ago, I found a whole mess of them. The two I remember was one where Wolverines claw "magically" went through a Sentinel wouth without cutting this paper slip inside! (GASP!) The other, this being the one I bought and the whole reason behind this thread, was a "Magical" Teleporting Nightcrawler and Blackbird. It was pretty damn cool when I was 11-12! What you did was you took this little coin that had a picture of Nightcrawler on it, and you stuck it in this secret compartment inside this blackbird figure. Then you took an identical coin and placed it on a table. You pretended the Black bird was flying and you would have it swoop down towards the coin on the table. There was a magnet inside that attracted the coin up to the bottom of the jet. But the cool part was, that as you swooped down, the other coin fell out of the compartment into the deck directly above the other coin! So when you opened it up, there was Nightcrawler! Of course it never worked perfectly. The flaw was that when you swooped down you could here the Nightcralwer coming out of the compartment, and it didn't take a genius to simply look under the jet and find the other coin (This problem was supposed to be solved weh you opened the jet, as the coin would slip under the lid. Never did.)
    So I figured, hey! I better tell EVERYONE about this neat toy that I don;t have all the peices too! If I had a scanner or digital camera I'd take pics, but alas I don't! Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about and happen to have pics?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember seeing these come up on E-bay every now and then...I always wondered what this was all about. Please send pictures!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok here's a pic of the coin. I'll try to find the blackbird and if I'm really lucky the other coin. Then I'll make a movie using LEGO Studios.
    sig2