Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Like myself I think a few of you are video game enthusiast I found the following info by following a link at X-Fan:

X-Men?: Mutant Academy 2(TM)/PlayStation? Game Console

The sequel to the action-packed favorite X-Men: Mutant Academy lets players take on the role of their favorite mutants. As one of 16 X-Men characters, gamers utilize their special powers as they train with Professor X. X-Men: Mutant Academy 2 features six new X-Men characters, all-new aerial combat, six new arenas, multiple new fighting combos and costumes, set sketches and conceptual character sketches from ``X-Men: The Movie.'' Each character has his or her own unique moves and combos. X-Men: Mutant Academy 2 is scheduled for release this fall.

6 NEW characters smile, maybe we will finally get to see Nightcrawler in a fighting game. His attacks would be very cool. smile Unfortunately dont have P2, but if kurt is in it, I know what I am getting.

X-Men?: Reign of Apocalypse(TM)/Game Boy? Advance

The X-Men enter the next dimension when they morph onto the Nintendo Game Boy Advance this fall. Featuring multi-player capabilities, X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse is an exciting new adventure featuring over 40 trademark X-Men characters. For the first time on Game Boy Advance, two different modes provide adventurous side-scrolling fun and fighting game action. In story mode, players must fight their way through hordes of enemies, drawing on their mutant powers as they attempt to find a way out of a strange, alternate universe. As players progress through the game, they are confronted with former friends and foes from their own universe -- all bent on stopping the X- Men from returning home. In versus mode, players can play head-to-head with up to four players. X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse is scheduled for release this fall.

40 characters, I dont think anyone got left out. Now hopefully, they are talking about 40 playable characters. Kurt has got to be in this one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Question: Whats a Game Boy Advance?

I have a Game Boy!

>Jezie<

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jezie:
    Question: Whats a Game Boy Advance?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's Nintendo's next method of retrieving profit, or the SNES on a handheld. Very cool looking, a little bigger...
    Click here if you wanna see Nintendos' official explanation.
    http://www.gameboy.com/gbadvance.html

IGN's take is here: http://pocket.ign.com/hardware/227.html

Too bad I don't have a PS2 as well BamfC! frown Mutant Academy 2 sounds interesting.... Hopefully NC makes an appearance...

------------------
    Always watching from the shadows...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i personally think they will(have nc)
    i mean hes pretty popular and he would be fun to play! hes simular to other characters i have played, humm weird train of logic.
    okay theres my amuter opinion. toodles.

------------------
    dirty deeds done dirt cheap

~*WONDERLASS*~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a PS2 owner (if I can ever rescue the stupid thing from my brother) I have to say that Mutant Academy could turn out to be a good game, considering the graphics capabilities of the machine.

Unfortunately, the first one was... disappointing. *coughunderstatementcough*

But if NC was in it, I'd plunk down the prolly $40+ for the game anyway. *sighs* My, what obsession does to one's pocket book...

Jyuu-chan
    (Who has yet to see a better game representation of Nighty than that in the old Genesis game.)

------------------
    "Love makes you want to stab people? That's not love. That's brain damage."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jyuu-chan:
    (Who has yet to see a better game representation of Nighty than that in the old Genesis game.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DITTO JYUU-CHAN!
    To date the most incredible and accurate translation of Kurt and his powers has got to be from the old genesis game X-MEN2: CLONE WARS. biggrin
    (Hmmmmnn... I think I just might fire up the old Sega and play me some of that right now!) Honestly, if I could find a bunch of copies of this cart somewhere i'd mail one to each and every Elficionado who hasnt seen this incredible 16 bit masterpiece.

2nd best interpretation of Kurt? Definitely the predecessor to Clone Wars, X-MEN for the Genesis. Kurt's hands down the best character and he could do something that I wish CLONE WARS had picked up on.... TELEPORT WITH PASSENGERS! biggrin
    (Although the wallcrawling in X-MEN2 kinda made up for that)

Although the game play got really boring after a while, I actually enjoyed MUTANT ACADEMY. It was great to see the characters and their powers in 3D...and the slow-motion 'Matrix-Supers' were awesome! (Especially the BEASTS! Wolverine's 'Matrix-kick and CYKE's mega Optic blast were cool too.) It definitely could have been a lot better though. With a few tweaks here and there it has the potential to rank up there with TEKKEN. O.K. well maybe not THAT good, but it could be much better.

Wich has me ecstatic over BAMFCENTRAL's news of a sequel!!! 6 new character's?! NO WAY did they leave out Kurt. ( Isnt it cool how Evolution's making him sooooo much more visible to the mainstream wink ) I'm EXTREMELY excited about this, and after i've mastered MA2's Nightcrawler, I look forward to countless hours of using Kurt to dominate my little brother and his friends! tongue

biggrin CAN'T WAIT! biggrin

P.S. Sorry for the 'novel' that I just typed...Video Games are kind of another passion of mine smile

BAMF!

Junior Hostboard Member grayemiliia's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Video Games

Thanks for sharing your find, I haven't tried this game yet. Assetto Corsa is currently the leader in my preferences. Moreover, thanks to assetto corsa mods, it never gets boring. The game is an officially licensed sprint and endurance cup simulator.