Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I tried to do a photomanip, but I couldn't find any photos I was happy with! Luke Goss just ... poses a lot more. <g>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you never know Slarti, you never know... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

but it kinda seems to be the case everywhere you go, lately. he seems to be groing in popularity. i think Nightcrawler is a lot more popular than most people realize. you start a topic about him just about anywhere and it gets lots of responses. and yet while he's widely liked, he still is not considered one of the 'cool' X-Men... odd.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hmm... that's interesting. You know what I think it is, I think Nightcrawler is one of the few characters than anyone really DISLIKES. I mean, with most of the X-men, you have your die-hard fans, and then people who think they should be killed off, but of all the fans I know, they all LIKE Nightcrawler, he's just not # 1 on the list. He's often in the top 5 or 10 though- I think it's just fewer people have him as #1. He does often take a back seat to some of the flashier characters because his powers aren't...well I don't want to say "flashy" but-- they're not really agressive- y'know? I think when someone picks up a comic for the first time, they're thinking "those claws are cool!" or "eyebeams ROCK!" not "look at the way he teleported and artfully delivered those punches!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darkholme:
    As soon as the UC formerly known as KC mentioned Empire Records, I knew exactly who he was.

I love Empire Records. Liv Tyler. Renee Zellweger. Renee in a teensy shop apron. *snaps back to reality*

Anyway, Ethan's character in it (Mark) is the goofy clerk at the record store that always seems to be off in his own world...might have something to do with those brownies...

He was pretty funny in Vegas Vacation too as Nick Papagorgio, er, I mean Rusty Griswold. (Those of you who have seen the film will get it)

So if you haven't seen him before and want to, I would recommend either of those. But especially Empire Records. Unless you're not into the late teen day in the life movies. Then go with Chevy Chase.

- Darkholme
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    YAY! i loved "empire records"!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I think the character has an immediate eye catching ability in his demon-like looks. Then you have the interesting contrast in his religious back ground. Where other characters tend to be annoying in someway(see Kitty Pryde) or over the top(see Wolverine).

Even in all the goodness we see in Kurt we still like to see that dark streak in alternate realities. One of my favorites is from the original Magik series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm psyched that Nightcrawler's going to be IN the next movie AND in a major role.
    BUT, I'm a little worried that he's gonna seem like a villian at first. And I RRREEEAAAAAALLLLYYYY want him to join the X-Men!

Since Ethan Embry is being considered, that tells me that probably aren't going to make a him a true villian (since Ethan's just too friendly looking to be cast as a bad guy), but even so that doesn't guarantee he'll be joining the X-Men.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Slartibartfast:

Hmmm... I wonder sometimes if we ever have any influence over the creators, you know? It seemed that Nighty was a second-string, ignored and abused character until we all gelled together over on the Wizard World Board. Nighty fandom seems to have boomed from there, with the formation of this place and now with fan sites, many of which run by posters here, popping up all over the Web. I know his appearance on Evolution had a lot to do with attracting new fans, but still, I wonder... After all, we know some creators do lurk on BBs.

Food for thought...
    :^D

Ya know SLARTI i've often wondered the same thing over the past year and a half or so!

It's probably just an (pardon the pun) uncanny coincidence, but doesnt it seem like all of these good things started happening for Nightie not too long after our little Wizworld 'cult of the Elf' started to really pick up some steam?
    Heh heh heh....
    Cant help smiling at the fact that we may have had even a little bit to do with opening a couple of eyes as to just how special this character is!

[img]biggrin.gif[/img]

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Garble:

I'm a little worried that he's gonna seem like a villian at first.

GARBLE i'm hoping that the average, not-familiar-with-the-comic, movie goer that sees X2 gets kinda the same feeling I had when I 1st saw NIGHTCRAWLER....

" There's no way this freaky (but incredibly cool) looking character is one of the good guys...!"

Makes it that much sweeter when they eventually discover that where Kurt Wagner is concerned, you definitely cannot judge the book by it's cover!

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice SLARTI! That last 'Nightcrawler-ish' pose really would have made a great photo-manip!

WARNING: Possible SPOILERS!!!!!

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] Found some unbelievably cool, almost unbearably exciting gossip about the current draft of the X2 script.... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] !!!! Not sure if anyone's posted a link to it already (forgive me if you have) but I was literally screaming as I was reading what might be the opening sequence of X-MEN 2!!!
    You guys will see why after ya click on.... THIS.

(YYEEEEEESSS!!!!!)

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] !!!!

Edited newsflash:

Doh! Just saw the thread where DARKHOLME mentions this exact same article. (sorry!) Geez, now that I think about it, the review has got to be hoax. That opening sequence is just too good to be true!

BAMF!

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 30, 2002 03:03 AM: Message edited by: BAMF ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Damn! Now they're saying over at the Comics Continuum that Ethan Embry WON'T be playing Nightcrawler, since he's not available. Just when we'd all gotten used to the idea!!

Although it does have a familiar ring to it ... Hugh Jackman ended up playing Wolverine because Dougray Scott, who was originally cast, had a schedule conflict. And we all know how that turned out.

Still, I'm a little disappointed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast