Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Hrmmm. I like parts and hate parts. Kurt can now make it hundreds of miles when porting without a lot of stress. That is a plus! I really like the old friend, Feuer. That is a friendship I would like to see develop and expanded upon. I think Casey did a good job of portraying a bit of bitterness on Kurt's part; and I like how everything is NOT smurfy between the X-Men.

Casey is still inconsistent in his portrayals. Kurt was an acrobat and trapeze artist. He was NOT part of the freak show; in fact when the circus was bought out by an american who wanted to put him in the freak show he quit. Jono is OK and for the first time I am starting to like Bobby at all. Warren is being trite and one dimensional.

Casey's over all plot for the X-Corps suffers from his inability to suspend disbelief. He starts well, I grooved on the build-up... all well done and plotted. Then the climax of Mystique's plot. This stone-cold killer failed to slit a throat correctly? Then a fleet of helicopter gunships attack Paris. Where the hell is the French airforce? Come on, one heatseaking missile and Feverpitch is dust. The problem is the plot would never work in the first place and is not subtle enough to be Mystique's. Why tip her hand she could have silently killed and replaced Banshee at some point and no one would be the wiser. Instead Banshee has lost his voice again... Sloppy story telling in my opinion.

On to Kurt & Jono. If coincidence is Dickensian, then where they ended up is Dickens on STEROIDS! Like Mr. Clean (remember him? the guy who could not be cut by Logan's claws.) the Supreme Pontiff appears and uses some device to do something to Kurt. These guys appear with no background or foreshadowing and then vanish with no explanation.

The symbology of the nightmares is deep and effective! I love that sequence. I have to the agree with the Pandora, the X shaped cross the writing on the mirror the troops. These show great strength in the overall story; which is why I don't understand the lapses in judgment and pacing in Casey's writing. Nocturn is right that Casey has a grasp on Kurt's character. To me that is what makes Casey's handling of the story so disappointing; the rest falls so short.

Now that I've ranted my fill I will go....
    BamfKat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LMAO!!! Fasheem, Kurt DOES looks like he was startled really,REALLY bad, doesnt he? like his hair is tryin' to desperately escape his head... Im generally down with Seans art, but I dont get the freaky straight up hair thing on Kurt...it's 'posed to be CURLY,not stickin' up like a hedgehog!

But, at least he don't draw him with a potato nose! (at least not most of the time!) [img]wink.gif[/img]

Pandora

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah...I was thinking Kurt had started using Vegeta's barber or something...maybe it's static electrical build-up from that monster 'port...or he's just been dragging his feet on the carpet...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456