Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thursday, May 30, 2002

MARVEL MOVIE ROUNDUP
    Alan Cumming will be playing Nightcrawler in the X-Men sequel, sources have confirmed for The Continuum.

Cumming, 37, has more than 40 movie and television roles to his credits, including Wyatt Frame in Josie and the Pussycats and the Great Gazoo and Mick Jagged in The Flintstones in Viva, Rock Vegas.

Ethan Embry's name had surfaced in numerous online reports to play the teleporting mutant, who will make his debut in the movie franchise.

"Unfortunately, Ethan will not be Nightcrawler as he is not available," producer Ralph Winter told The Continuum.

Winter did confirm that Aaron Stanford will be playing Pyro in the sequel. Stanford will be seen as the lead alongside Sigourney Weaver in the upcoming Miramax film Tadpole.

Winter told The Continuum that start of photography for X2 is June 17.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...5/30/index.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

COOOOOL!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well! Did everybody else go look for this guy too? He's got a website http://www.alancumming.com/

Okay, nevermind, I found a better picture. I'm not scared anymore. I've never seen him in anything. Is he cool? He's British, I take it.

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ May 30, 2002 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Slartibartfast ]</font>

Inactive Member Nightcrawler_o63's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OH MY GOD!!!
    It'a a dream come true!!
    All this months and it's true!!
    Nightcrawler WILL BE in X2!

http://www.comics2film.com/ has a picture of Alan Cumming in blue "make up"! Go check it out!

This might turn to be better than I expected!
    And if the script has anything to do with the one on http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=12224 where Nightcrawler plays a major role...

OH MY GOD! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST MOVIE EVER!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeek! That picture's got RED eyes.

I must admit I still have no clue who he is (does that mean I live under a rock?), but he's got a spiffy website. The more pictures I look at of this guy the more he fits. He's got quite the wit on him too. Hmmm... I'll have to take a trip to the video store now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah his personal website really helped soothe my frazzled nerves after seeing the initial pics...

as for what he's been in, ever see Goldeneye? he was the russian "I am invincible!" guy [img]smile.gif[/img] that is the only hting i have seen him in personally. but i hunderstand he did a very good German accent in Cabaret on Broadway

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While I still think Ethan would have made a better "Ultimate" Kurt, Alan is a fine choice. As mentioned before, he's probably best known in the comics community as Boris in GoldenEye (which also had Famke "Jean Grey" Jansen). He was also Sandy Frink in Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion, and the Great Gazoo in Viva Rock Vegas. He showed up on Conan a few weeks back, and was looking almost emaciated...but he is really funny and can pull off nearly any accent.

Of course, I think this makes him the third oldest cast member (37) on X2 (behind Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan). Ah well. At least he doesn't look ancient. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

- Darkholme

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I might live...I just found out that Cummings was the Very funny, very made-up bi-sexual guy in Plunkett & McKlain... a very weerrd, but funny movie.
    At least he is funny and has a cool voice. He needs a bit of muscle tho', he kinda looks like a
    cooked chicken...WAY too scrawny
    I kinda want to see what he looks like in costume and make up, as well as in motion.
    He seems to have played a lot of rather grim and dull parts before and he has a LONG way to come to play the part of Nightcrawler.

Pandora

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I am glad that Nightcrawler is finnally being officially confirmed!

But I'm kinda iffy on Al. He's a great actor and all, but he's almost TOO well known. I'm afraid I won't see "Nightcrawler" but instead Alan Cummings in blue make-up.

I know it's a funny thing to worry about...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Garble:
    Well, I am glad that Nightcrawler is finnally being officially confirmed!

But I'm kinda iffy on Al. He's a great actor and all, but he's almost TOO well known. I'm afraid I won't see "Nightcrawler" but instead Alan Cummings in blue make-up.

I know it's a funny thing to worry about...
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

No KIDDING! Funny thing, indeed. You actually know who this guy is? Now, I can see if it was Edward Norton, or uh... Brad Pitt... well, someone actually known...

'Sides, you should have bigger things on your mind... like that he's OLD. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Though... looking at his site... he is very very cool. Cool like Hawksley Workman. That kind of freaky cool.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">With his admittedly "spindly" physique on open display eight times a week, there was a period when Cumming's nipples were practically ubiquitous on national magazine covers. "It was so funny to have people talking about your body all the time. Of course, it was wonderful too that they were interested in someone like me. I think it's awful the way men's bodies have become. Terrible. Nobody actually looks like that unless they take steroids and go to the gym all the time." And he adds proudly, "I do neither."</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have my doubts about him playing Nightcrawler, but I have to admit, he's really cool.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast