Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At X-Fan I asked the writer about the reference to Nightcrawler leaving the Priesthood.

Me:In Wolverine 173, Nightcrawler says "My days as a man of the cloth are behind me."
    I was really happy when I read that. But no other comic before or since has made any suggestion that Kurt is giving up his attempt at priesthood.
    Could you please explain if this statement will really fit into continuity???

Frank Tieri:the x-office at the time made me put in that statement about Nightcrawler's priesthood. Whether or not it still applies to the current status of the X-books, I have no idea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WEll, it's a screw up if it doesn't end up with him dropping it...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of that. It's not written in stone yet that he'll drop the collar. But this at least says to me that the x-office has that on their mind(s).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

odd indeed....! if the X-offices made him put it in there that suggests the higher ups don't want him to be a priest any longer... rejoice! but after that issue came out, the editors changed... so it may have changed before it could be put into motion in the core books.... sucky.

perhaps we should ask Chuck about it? there is a whole thread regaring Nightcrawler in the priesthood (unanimaously hated) but Chuck is keeping quiet aside from saying it will be 'dealt with' but maybe if we bring up Wolverine 173 and Frank's comments we may get a more difinitive answer

<font color="#2c557f" size="1">[ June 20, 2002 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Nocturne ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I doubt you'll get any other answer out of Austen, but go for it! He's not going to come out and say "I'll be ending it this way in this issue" because he'll want to keep people in suspense. And, in a way, I'd rather be in suspense. Of course I want the priest thing to end, but I'd like to read it and not know ALL the specifics ahead of time. Ya know what I mean?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, and Chuck is becoming notorious for not giving a straight answer.

I guess we'll just have to wait... :\

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, patience is a virtue. Now, when's that damn next issue out? *bamfs off to Mile High*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think we should start lobbying to get Nightcrawler into Ultimate X-Men as a regular...especially now that the X-Men: Evolution comic's been canned. That spunky little fourteen-year-old showed so much promise, and was so miserably underused in the Return To Weapon X storyline (yet another Wolverine love fest...but then I guess he was the original Weapon X...though I DID love it when Kurt took out Cyclops...with a frying pan). And now that Iceman's been pulled from the team by his concerned parents there's an opening!

And I'm sure you'd agree...one (regular) Kurt appearance a month just isn't enough!