Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mr President has done well throughout this emergency, I'd say. He cancelled his meetings with the President of China to concentrate on disater relief this comming week.
    Looks like they're sending troops in to deal with the freaks and crack-heads...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I hope everyone and their friends and loved ones are ok.

What a sad and surreal event this has turned into.

Crazy, now that I have read your post, I think you are right about Bran's Mom. I hope she is ok. Houston is taking in a lot of the survivors, so I would imagine that this is impacting Bran in more ways than one.

Shadowcat, I wish you well and be safe. *hugs*

Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Watched more news tonight. Interested to hear what you guys think of the delays in actually getting a rescue effort mounted.

It was very sad hearing about quite a few of the cops down their committing suicide with their own weapons, cracking under the pressure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's been a number of people claiming that the delays in getting rescue operations underway were slower than normal because of the color of the people being rescued. I think that's utter bullshit! I know people are upset, angry, and emotional so they're lashing out about the way the disaster's being handled.

Nobody was prepared for this kind of devastation. The way most bureaucracies work you need to fill out three different forms just to wipe your ass. It's not surprising that rescue efforts were slow to start. Shadowcat pointed out in her LJ that Louisiana's governor didn't ask for assistance until after the hurricane.

Once the idiots started shooting at rescue workers things probably slowed down because, who the hell wants to get shot at while they're trying to help people?

I think what pisses me off the most is that this was preventable. Experts have been warning officials about the danger of the levees only being able to withstand a category 3 hurricane.

Why weren't the levees reinforced years ago?

Why don't politicians pay attention to scientists when they explain stuff to them? They study that kind of shit for a reason. To prevent catastrophes like this from happening.

There's going to be a lot more about this to come in the media. People are demanding accountability on this one. Oops! isn't going to cut it at all.

Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Listened to news on the radio today.

Shooting at your rescue team.

Yup! That'll help with getting you more aid in a hurry alright.

Crazy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12