Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's water-cooler, but what can you do?

My reaction on Oscar Night: OMG WTF DIDN'T ANY OF THE STUPID JUDGES SEE BROKEBACK MOUTAIN?

My reaction the next morning: Well, I guess the other wins were understandable. Except for that Clooney guy. Phillip Seymour Hoffman *is* pretty cool. Whatever. I'm hungry. What's for breakfast?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was very disappointed Comencini didn't win Best Foreign, La Bestia nel Cuore is a great movie.

Main female characters are actually my most loved Italian actresses (and in my opinion best Italian actresses of my generation)

Giovanna Mezzogiorno (which I simply adore)

Giovanna20Mezzogiorno

And Stefania Rocca (who recently came out as bi, even if I already knew as I met an ex gf when I worked as volunteer for the association, and she was somebody I trusted)

rocca28

Here's a site that may be useful if you want to know something else on Italian Cinema, I shared it with Chaos, and I think it's very well done (RAI is the equivalent of BBC here, Radio Televisione Italiana)

http://www.italica.rai.it/eng/cinema/index.htm

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 08, 2006 04:43 AM: Message edited by: 3peanuts ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Breakfast? *rummages* Um, I have some dry toast

*throws that out*

No good. How about high fiber cereal with fresh blueberries?

Da Oscars: Um, yeah, having seen all the nominated movies-Brokeback Mountain should have won it. My opinion is because, unlike Crash (which i did love), Brokeback was amazing in its understatement. So much of the movie was profound in what the characters didn't say to each other, yet the audience could read. That's real life portrayed beautifully.

As much as I liked Crash, the plot was a bit manipulative. A few too many "writer coincidences" thrown in to make it all come together. Which is too bad, cuz the actors all did amazing jobs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh,hiJadiansonicetohaveyoubackagainIwasthinkingofy oujusttheotherdayhow'sitgoing?

Didn't watch Oscars. Haven't seen any of the movies. Was Renee Zellweger in attendance? 'Cause that's the only reason I'd have tuned in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

"Who the hell is Renee Zell-Weger?"

LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey crazy - I am well; posted a brief bio in the thread about where we were when we first joined versus where we are now. In short, life is very good.

I have to admit I was pleased about the &lt;i&gt;Memoirs of a Geisha&lt;/i&gt; winning best costume; that movie was gorgeous to watch.

For me, lovely Renee is forever Bridget Jones.