Thread: What you think of SiP and why...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I'm curious to know what we all think of the comic that brought us together, God, ten years ago now? Something like that.

I still pick up the TPBs. I scan my comic shop every month or so to catch the latest issues.

I've stopped caring about Francine at all, but I find I'm still very invested in what happens to Katchoo.

be honest: good? bad? disappointed? disinterested? excited? sad to see it ending?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't picked an issue up in about two or more years,the last thing I remember is the plane crash. makes me sad now that i think about it, one day I'll have to go on a SIP binge and get the rest of the story. As for it ending ,well.... it's kinda like this site, i never wanted it to change or end but everthing does. such is life I guess.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 21, 2007 05:55 PM: Message edited by: ski1138 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm still fond of "I Dream Of You", but I don't miss it at all. My issues are still at my old house in Shepherd's Bush (three addresses ago) apparently. I should go and pick them up.

I'm glad it's ending. I like things to have a beginning, middle and an end. Things which just go on forever, like soap operas or the seemingly endless Discworld stuff for example, just put me off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still like it, there's only 2 comic I read now, soon only 1.
    I like this last storyline a lot more than most, esp the gangster stuff, that got more than a little silly.
    Sad to see it end but all things do, so they say.
    You know, them, those people what says stuff...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's been an up and down comic that's for sure. I stopped reading when I closed my store (around issue 48) and didn't start reading again until I was working in a comic shop again (around issue 69). The major sad part is that when I started reading it again, I felt like I hadn't missed any issues. Shows that nothing was really happening in the book.
    Overall though I love it. It will always be a fond memory for me. I'd love to see the first two trades turned into a mini-series on a station that could do it well (FX? HBO?). I'll get all the hard covers I'm missing and I'll still recommend it to friends.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm gonna try and hunt down the couple issues that I'm missing, but I'm glad he's finally decided to wrap the story up. I'm definitely looking forward to the movie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SiP stands as one of my favorite series. It's had story arcs that I didn't care for or didn't feel were written as well as they should be, but it's always been a top consistent comic and the one I've looked forward to the most. I stopped reading all comics a little over a year ago (around #78) and am slowly getting back into them. First priority is to catch up on SiP.

I'm glad Terry is ending it. Stories should have an ending and I respect that he knows it's time for SiP to end. As wonderful as the characters are, the story of them has been what counts. I'll miss SiP, but am very glad it has its beginning, middle, and end.