Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey y'all

My username or password is invalid, but I used to be Crazy A. I've been peeking in here now and then seeing how active (or inactive, rather) this place is. Yes, it's a shame it's gone downhill the way it has but I guess that's how it goes.

I think one of my last posts said I was returning to school. Or maybe was after my first semester back at school. Well, I went to the community college and graduated in '06 with an Associate's, then transferred over to East Carolina U. and graduated in '08 with a Bachelor's. If you didn't know, I was an English major, History minor. Remember the job I had selling hot dogs (and pizzas and subs)? Well, seems the only thing one can do with an English degree is teach and I didn't want to teach so now I'm back slinging hot dogs to mostly alright customers and a few not alright customers.

My goal/dream to be a writer? Pfft. That's damn near down the drain. But I am currently undertaking a reading project. Some of you may be familiar with a book called "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die." Well, I got the idea to actually read all of them then write down my immediate impressions as I finish each book. Currently reading "Portnoy's Complaint" by Philip Roth. (But not going in chronological order as the "1001" is set up; don't want to get burned out too early.)

Family life: wife still busy with her teaching jobs. The two oldest kids are in high school, the two youngest are in 4th grade. Oldest son has a driver's license; youngest daughter just turned 10. Time flies, eh?

Comics: had to put 'em on the back burner during college. Haven't actually gotten back into reading like I wanted, but have decided to stick with some DC trades for now. So much has happened in ComicWorld that I'm almost afraid to try getting back into it, but since DC was my first love, I'll stay with them.

And that's the nuts and bolts of my life.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: hey y'all

Hey, how's it going?

Oh, wait. You just said.

I work for the local council. I'm working on a sitcom with a friend but doubt it'll get anywhere. It's set in the crazy world of a shop that sells board games! See? It's already funny. I'm learning Japanese, drinking cheap wine and I don't have the internet at home which is good because if I did, I'd never get anything done.
    In vino veritas