Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Happy belated birthday, eris. Sorry you were at work, but hey, internet access at work means it?s not all bad. (Whadd?ya mean, life doesn?t have to involve the internet?)

*blush* Maybe I am your alt, because an alt of yours definitely has a much cooler life than the ins and outs of my days?

I adore all of you. Funny how for a group of people I know only within the context of my too-infrequent visits to this board, as I wander around IRL I think to myself, "the STPers would like that" surprisingly often. I?d be heartbroken if you weren?t here to come back to you.

Well, it?s been three years here for me, and I do remember Bran?s open invitation on the SIP board to come on over ? and that she and eris and AsIs made me want to follow. For all the people that have come and gone, STP is still a place to touch base, and I think we?ve seen enough boards come and go just on Hostboard alone, to know that it means a lot.

Everyone take care?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, Geekgirl, don't feel bad. Sometimes I think my alts have more fun than me, too.

So, since we're all wandering back, and thank god for that, how many pakages of oreos do you need to have a proper oreo orgy, anyway? And what *kind*? I personally prefer the old fashioned kind, sort of a simple back to basics kind of thing, but at the same time, I do acknowledge that those other sorts exist...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I gots One Dollah! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by erisesoteric:
    ...how many pakages of oreos do you need to have a proper oreo orgy, anyway?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a limit???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That depends. How much money do you have on you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ugh. OK, so I live in Michigan, right? Where it snows a lot right? Like, where snow is no big deal, right? So why can't my coworkers seem to figure out that if there's snow, they might have to get up a little early and DEAL WITH IT? GAH... had to stay two hours late at work today, and really, I don't like my job THAT much. Maybe it's a Sunday morning thing. I have become convinced of a plot to drive me crazy. I think it's being spear headed by the restaurant manager... I think he heard me saying bad things about their cherry omelettes. It's not my fault that cherry omelettes are every bit as bad as they sound...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HEY! Be nice to your local Hotel Restaurant Manager! F&B isn't all it's cracked up to be and we're thin skinned! Yeah...that's it...yeah...

Hey if it helps, my restaurant is being closed by the end of March...I get to be consolidated back into the other one and let the managerial power struggles commence! or something like that...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man that sucks. I have to say, though, there is a mind set to the people that work in F&B. They can absolutely awe you with their ability to remember your name, what you like to drink, what you usually order... they can swing those huge platters around over their heads like they don't weigh anything at all, they can recite a two page list of daily specials and never miss a beat, they can calculate their tip at 15% and 20% in their heads within 5 cents....

And yet, they just can't seem to grasp the fact that THEY NEED TO GET THE MONEY FROM THE GUEST FOR THE MEAL. No, really. It's not uncommon to see the cash $200 off... either over or under. They can never quite comprehend that we need those credit card receipts in case the guest disputes, and as far as local billing goes? Nightmare city, man, nightmare city...

BUT... When I leave this place this morning, and leave it I will, my weekend will start, and not a moment too soon. GAH!

Where's the great penguin when you really need him?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234