Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

*cracks up* Everything you've ever heard about lawyers is true.

I just got the orientation package for Queen's, and it's like yuppie boot camp. I get to GOLF. No hockey, no dodgeball, no strip poker, but GOLF. And then there's a wine and cheese, and then we go on a firm-sponsored cruise. And there's a semi formal "mingling" party.

I wonder if we have to wear business clothing at all times or just during daylight hours. I wonder if this is one of those yuppie breeding boats, you know, where people are so socially inept they have to get stuck on a boat in the middle of the water just so they'll talk to a potential fuck buddy. Oops, I mean Life-Partner.

HOWEVER, I am allowed to bring a guest along to each of these events. So anyone who will be around *coughJELYcough* is welcome to come with me. It's looking free so far... all those firms want to suck up from the get-go. Wait'll they find out I read Naomi Wolf and wear combat boots and bat for both teams...

Hey jones, you want to tour the Thousand Islands this September?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The cool thing about cruises is, if anyone pisses you off you can toss them overboard. Hopefully into the gaping maw of a shark if they're a real jackass.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hell, that beats the orientation package gf got when entering law school (i.e. nothing). She does get a ton of paper, pens, mugs, etc. from the companies that handle databases (Lexis, WestLaw).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JaceSan:
    The cool thing about cruises is, if anyone pisses you off you can toss them overboard. Hopefully into the gaping maw of a shark if they're a real jackass.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jace, these are potential lawyers, and sharks don't eat their own.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Professional courtesy, right?

But Jadian's gonna be a lawyer, and she seems nice.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 03, 2003 07:01 PM: Message edited by: JaceSan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Funny you should mention it, Jadian, because the one thing I've been wanting to do these past few months is go on a cruise (I've never been on one, and for various reasons it's something I couldn't have done before now). So yeah, unless you're pulling my leg I actually would be very interested. Departing from where and lasting how long?

take care

---jones()

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so you need a guest eh? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 03, 2003 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Ski ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey, i'll go!! *grin* might give me a chance to meet some hot law students! eeeeeheeheeheeheeheeee!!!

*is still a little bit giggly/giddy/insane from canada day weekend festivities*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well jones, the cruise is called the 1000 Islands Boat Cruise, so I'm not picturing a yacht so much as a ferry-type thing. It takes off at 6:30 in the evening (from Kingston I assume, since no other location is given) and to all appearances returns that same night - for all the info I get, this thing could last thirty minutes or three hours.
    It's on September 4th (a Thursday). If you are still interested in travelling the 497 miles, over the border, to hang out with me and a bunch of law students on a boat that may or may not be a yacht, you are certainly welcome. Looks like it's ten bucks.

But on the twelfth there is a semi-formal, and Jely, I will be very disappointed if you refuse to be my date. Unless it's like your mother's birthday or the day you get your tonsils removed or the day you finally get to meet Jax in person or something... apparently there will also be MED STUDENTS there. (I knew this was all a highly orchastrated breeding exercise!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*bouncebouncebounce*

ooo! ooo! med students! med students!

*squeeeee!!!!*

med students!!!