Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've cut down on comics as they are really expensive here.

At the moment I read SIP and The Darkness. If I had more cash I'd be reading Liberty Meadows and catching up on Bone.

I've just finished reading the Cowboy Bebop comics.

More recently used to read Gen 13, Witchblade but then they started being crap so I stopped.

Fave character hmmm Death or maybe The Maxx. I also thought Teknophage and Mr. Hero the Newmatic Man from the long dead Teknocomix series were very good character.

Collectible I have an insane desire to buy a 'Buddy Christ' statuette God knows what I'd do with it, I thought it would make a cool gift. A Joe Psycho and Moo FRog T-shirt or some Joe Psycho smiley buttons would also be cool. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I would really like some Biker Mice from Mars toys and I'm still hunting for a Stitch soft toy. This is all wishful thinking as I have no money and no space.

I'm not very keen on superheroes, I think I'd like to be 'Jetgirl' from Tankgirl I haven't read many of the comics but I loved the movie.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2004 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Chaos Butterfly ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uh OH!
    I was starting to feel at home here, and now your back to comics and superheros. Um - I'm not the super hero type. I guess I'd want to be CatWoman but that outfit would not be flattering on these hips!
    Collections. I collect pigs. Love those little piggies. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I don't know wormie, I think you are somewhat comical! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh stuff I actually collect. I have a big collection of dragons which has also stopped due to mainly no space and money being spent on other things.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You should send your dragons out to collect hoards of treasure. (That's what they're best at doing.) And then bring it all back to you. Then you'd have more money.

Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They're a bit lazy I'm afraid they enjoy hanging out with my large doggie figurines and my Seven of Nine Collector Plate too much. And no luck with that travel story competition either, they announced the winner today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn. Lazy lizards.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OOOOOOOHH!!! I love Spawn still and am reading Inu-Yasha. I have been more into watching movies and playing PS2 lately.

I collect bats, camels and vampire books.

Actually, if i were to be a comic hero I'd be my gay superhero... whom, btw has no name, but i am working on it. He has the cutest little cape... and he's just fun... his hidden identity name is Kyle Evan Koogler... three of my best gay friends names [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now, now, wormie. This is the naught's. Comics aren't just superheros anymore.

For instance, there's Liberty Meadows, which is about a vet, his assistant, and their very disturbed (talking) patients.

And then there's Strangers in Paradise, which is a well written, beautifully drawn... well... soap opera. But a good soap opera. Yeah.

Of course, if you're looking for gritty and funny, there's always Transmetropolitan, which is about a report and his filthy assistants, set in the future, which means it has nothing at all to do with how society is going today. Right?

An older comic book, but still available in trade paperback (and we comic junkies just love our TPB's don't we?) is The Sandman. Literature, and art, combined.

What happened to comic books? Basically, the readers grew up. And the kids that grew up reading those gaudy tales of spandexed wonderbodied heroes (or, if they started reading post-Alan Moore, anti-heroes), started wanting more. What is a comic book, other than a way to combine two viable mediums... pictures and words? Everything else is multimedia these days, why not books?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 12, 2004 12:08 PM: Message edited by: eris esoteric ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eris: About Liberty Meadows...Am I the only one who's become monumentally disappointed in this series? It seems that his "comic books" are nothing but re-hash after re-hash of all those poor lonely strips that suffered "from the newspaper editors"...imagine my disappointment when I finally got a chance to read Univerity2 and realized that I'd read all of those strips as Liberty Meadows, that they'd just been redrawn...am I wrong in this...school me...

Miral: OH MY GOD!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast