Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been buying mostly trades instead of the comics. I've convinced myself that its cheaper [img]wink.gif[/img] and they are easier to store. But the wait can be painful at times. Lucifer, Queen and Country, 100 bullets, Alias, Kabuki, Transmetropoliton, Preacher, Balde of the Immortal and others...

My most prized collectable is not the Poison Elves poster but my Milk and Cheese fridge magnet. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Senior Hostboard Member La Luna Unita's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I'm surprised more people didn't list Kabuki. I'd say Circle of Blood is one of the most perfect stories I've ever read, meaning that it comes a full circle (no pun, I swear), ties up it's own loose ends, and reveals the entire life, history, and purpose of a character all in one.

I'll list my other dittos: Transmetropolitan, PE, Sandman, and Scarab (Kabuki spinoff).

By the way, Lynnzop: been reading <u>Wolves of the Calla</u> have we?

OOH!! AND I recently discovered what I want my superpower to be! Are you ready...? UNIVERSAL REMOTE TICKLE POWER! I'd be able to tickle anyone in anyplace at anytime, simply by wiggling my fingers and thinking about them. Think of how many crazy wars and dictators I could stop!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would live in mortal fear of you, Luna.

Favorite comics: Sip, Sandman, Kabuki, and Poison Elves

I don't really collect things that don't have some useful function, as anything else will just get lost or stepped on. I do REALLY want a toy clickey-headed kodomo from Princess Mononoke, though. And shirts. I have a Stitch doll [img]smile.gif[/img] My boyfriend gave him to me for my birthday, and I have an ever-growing photograph collection of his travels and adventures.

I've never wanted to be a super hero, but if I was going to be a comic book character, I think I'd want to be Hobbes, and never grow up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So spill, what are some of your favorite comics? Wolverine, SIP, X-Men, Amazing Spiderman, Supreme

Whose your favorite comic character? Wolverine. Katchoo is a close second.

What goofy collectible do you own or want to own? Goofy collectible? Um, don't know about a goofy one. I'm into collecting as many Wolverine busts as I can at the mo'.

If you were a superhero who would you be? Or in the case of some of you *glares* anti-hero? Wolverine. I love his powers.

Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Branflakes:
    So spill, what are some of your favorite comics? Wolverine, SIP, X-Men, Amazing Spiderman, Supreme

Whose your favorite comic character? Wolverine. Katchoo is a close second.

What goofy collectible do you own or want to own? Goofy collectible? Um, don't know about a goofy one. I'm into collecting as many Wolverine busts as I can at the mo'.

If you were a superhero who would you be? Or in the case of some of you *glares* anti-hero? Wolverine. I love his powers.
    <font size="2" face="Comic sans ms, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]confused.gif[/img] So let me get this straight, you like Wolverine then? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Favorite comics. Not currently reading any. Buying them, yes, but not really reading. You'd think I'd be able to squeeze an issue or two between schoolwork but I'm unable to do it. Anyway...SIP, DORK, MILK AND CHEESE, SLACKER, THE 3 GEEKS, the "Maggie" parts of LOVE & ROCKETS, BATMAN, SHONEN JUMP.

Favorite character: Batman.

Goofy collectibles: I don't really have one. I was into the Mobile Suit Gundam models and figures for a little while.

If I were a superhero...: Batman again. I love his lack of powers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a little. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So spill, what are some of your favorite comics? Lib Meadows SIP, Amazing Spiderman, Serenity Rose.

Whose your favorite comic character? Batman (Obviously)

What goofy collectible do you own or want to own? Death On Binky From Discworld 1st Edition (Own) Full Size Betty Boop Statue (Want to Own)

If you were a superhero who would you be? Or in the case of some of you *glares* anti-hero? The Hooker out of "The Pro"
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Favorite Comics

Anything by Alan Moore, but specifically Swamp Thing and Promethea. Also Sandman. I haven't regularly bought comics in like 20 years so I just let people I know give me theirs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Favorite Comics

Quote Originally Posted by jessica23 View Post
    Anything by Alan Moore, but specifically Swamp Thing and Promethea. Also Sandman. I haven't regularly bought comics in like 20 years so I just let people I know give me theirs.
    I've recently got back into Blade of the Immortal.

I keep trying to pick up Bone but just can't get into it.

What do you like about Promethea? I think I've flipped through it once or twice but didn't buy...
    "It goes like this, the fourth, the fifith - the minor fall - the major lift -"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast