Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, no! Don't make the snow stop. It's finally starting to feel like January around here. and MAYBE, just maybe, we'll get enough to build snowmen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Normally I'd be on your side, Eris, but it's -39 C here with the windchill (-38.2 F). I like winter, but I can't see out my bedroom windows because the ice on the INSIDE is too thick. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Senior Hostboard Member La Luna Unita's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it was in the 70's here yesterday... or at least, I didn't need a jacket outside until night had fallen for a few hours. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

But seriously, Orenda, you aren't in danger of losing your utilities or anything, are you? That sounds pretty harsh, and I mean beyond wimpy Texas standards.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 14, 2004 04:44 PM: Message edited by: La Luna Unita ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Orenda, I *might* be willing to take the blame for snow in Michigan, but snow in Canada? I don't think so.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well it wouldn't be a very good chaos field if it let little things like standard notions of geography stop it, would it?

As far as I know we're in no danger of losing power. The landlord just came by to make sure we had the heat high enough that the pipes won't freeze, and tomorrow he's fixing our weather stripping. Huzzah! It wouldn't really need to be this bad, except that my housemates became obsessed with saving money on heating at the beginning of the year when they heard how much it cost to heat this place last year ( it's an enormous, ancient 7-bedroom house). We don't have the heat on in the halls or the living room, and no room in the house is set higher than 15 C. I'm protesting, but so far to no avail.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah say what you will, but when you have to drive in it ALL DAY LONG it get old REAL fast.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

PUT THE CHAOS FIELD DOWN, AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY!!!

If I see any more snow it's you ass girl!!!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poor baby. Wah, snow.

Go back to Texas, ya wimp.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by La Luna Unita:
    I think it was in the 70's here yesterday... or at least, I didn't need a jacket outside until night had fallen for a few hours. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 14, 2004 04:44 PM: Message edited by: La Luna Unita ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Comic sans ms, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, I didn't wear a jacket outside yesterday either. I mean, it gets way too hot to wear a jacket when you're shoveling snow.

I will say that the traffic was pretty bad yesterday. Especially after that salt truck hit the semis and closed 96. Even up here it was very slow going wherever you went. Thankfully, it's January and most drivers have remembered how to drive in the snow and aren't acting stupid.

Other than that, snow is wonderful. It's beautiful, it's fun to play in, and it gives you lots and lots of reasons to snuggle with a sweetie indoors.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I live in the same city as Orenda, so I don't even have to tell you how freezing it is here. So far, no problem with power though, but just give it a minute. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast