Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I find the similarities between my own experiences and this comic a little disturbing. The game the girls play in the diner---one person sings a line and the other has to finish it--- even right down to the Beatles song used (I'm so Tired) is a page ripped from my life. Also, I am a little androgenous---I have long hair but I don't go out of my way to look femme or butch (I shoot for some kind of happy medium), and I don't call myself a lesbian, I just happen to be in love with a girl who used to think of herself as straight. I fixed that smile I also for my own reasons just don't really like men. I had never heard the phrase "F*ck a bunch of [something]" until it came out of my girlfriend's mouth and then read it in SIP. I am an artist who used to draw nothing but big muscle men. My girlfriend is tall, brunette, and brilliant though she can space out like Francine. I'm short (compared to her), hot tempered, and I recognize faces that I make when I look at Katchoo. I'm sure there are lots of people who have similar experiences to what they read, but I thought this was a bit much. I feel like Terry is spying on us to pick up behavioral patterns to fit into his story. I read not only to find out what will happen next, but also to glimpse myself every once in a while. No, I do not and never have belonged to a prostitution ring or crime organization. I'm a little wedged...I wonder how many people will read this and think I'm crazy...

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Well, you've found Terry out. He's been stalking you, tapping your phones and videotaping your most intimate moments for years (your closest "friends" have also been supplying him with details). The worst part is that the entire series has been based on your life, including the various people out to kill you. Better keep reading to find out what happens to you next. wink

Don't be alarmed (or offended). Its a tribute to the author that his work reflects so much of our real experiences and/or feelings. Many posters here have confessed to have found themselves in similar relationships, knowing identical people, or behaving in comparable ways to Francine, Katchoo and/or David. I certainly can identify particularly bad days when I've demonstrated the worst of all three of their behaviors.

------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Well then that explains the tall blonde body builder that's been following me around. smile

------------------

Inactive Member christinethebean's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

*hug* biggrin

hey katchooclone!

------------------
    those who hear not the music think the dancers mad
    she is like a symphony to me

Inactive Member christinethebean's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

btw, does that make me a darkhaired version of casey?

------------------
    those who hear not the music think the dancers mad
    she is like a symphony to me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So long as nobody want to be Veronica, I'm fine with your plans smile

Hugs
    Veronica

------------------
    "It's hard to explain really but the feeling CHANGED me somehow. I felt...mmmm...EMPOWERED!
    Yes that's it. EMPOWERED!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Heh,
    Join the club, sweetcheeks.

------------------
    The maverick heroine of STP land, avenger against those who would kick off with pretty women;
    Hero to some, just another pretty face to others.
    The cutest little lesbian.
    THE Lesbian.

...Without love, we are never more than Strangers In Paradise.

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
    mittam. Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!"
    (I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head. May barbarians invade your personal space!)