Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I apologize if these types of posts are inappropriate, but I have all 10 of the SiP TPBs in new or close to it condition, plus the Molly & Poo issue. I'm looking to sell them as a block. If you know anyone who may be interested in getting into the series, this would be a perfect way. I was thinking cover price, minus 10% might be fair? I think that comes out to around $134-13.40=120.60 for around 60 issues (so about $2 an issue).

If anyone is interested in discussing with me, please feel free to just e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks

Len

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Well, Terry pays for this place and sells his books here, so it's considered poor form to come on here and try to undercut him.
    Try eBay or yahoo. You won't likely get 90% of cover for used books tho', half is more realistic(on eBay or anywhere else...)

Darth

------------------
    'We both know what memories can bring,
    They bring diamonds and rust'
    -Judas Priest, Diamonds and Rust

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Fett:
    Well, Terry pays for this place and sells his books here, so it's considered poor form to come on here and try to undercut him.
    Try eBay or yahoo. You won't likely get 90% of cover for used books tho', half is more realistic(on eBay or anywhere else...)

Darth

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh..sorry, I didn't realize that. I thought Terry only sold NEW books- so used ones would be a different kind of product that wouldn't compete with him.

I considered selling on eBay- but I noticed that the TPBs usually sell for pretty close to full face value (never in the 50% region) - so I figured I'd be doing an SiP fan a favor by giving them a chance to buy a complete set at a discounted price (plus, that way *I'D* save on the eBay commission price).

But thanks for your input!

e
    L nny

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ctowner1:

Oh..sorry, I didn't realize that. I thought Terry only sold NEW books- so used ones would be a different kind of product that wouldn't compete with him.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he only sells new books. You offering to sell the same books in any condition is an attempt to steal his sales from the SiP store. It's just rude to use another man's website to make money for youself.

But thanks for your input...

Darth

------------------
    'We both know what memories can bring,
    They bring diamonds and rust'
    -Judas Priest, Diamonds and Rust

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Fett:
    No, he only sells new books. You offering to sell the same books in any condition is an attempt to steal his sales from the SiP store. It's just rude to use another man's website to make money for youself.

But thanks for your input...

Darth

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh. I'm relatively new to the board, but is it customary to respond to apologies with attacks and sarcasm? (he said, getting the hang of things)

e
    L nny

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

No it's not Lenny. Welcome to the board.

Let me explain a little I guess.

When you came on for the main purpose of selling something, since we didn't know you as a poster, it is met with some skepticism.

Your intentions seem good, but as Darth said, it is a bit inappropriate to sell your goods here. This is ment to be a fan website to talk about the book.

We get a fair number of people trying to sell things here.

If you want to stick around and talk about what you read in those 10 TPB's I would love to hear your thoughts on them. SIP is one of my favorite comics and I love discussing it.

So have a Oreo (the official food of SIP), some M&M's (the unsanctioned favorite of many of us), and join us in one of the discussion topics.

And as a disclaimer, Maida is the only moderator for this board. I am a moderator in name only elsewhere at Hostboard. So the above statements are only mine, not the sites.

And again, welcome to the SIP posting site.

------------------
    Selah

The bridge between life and death is love.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Selah, I appreciate the polite response and will not do that again.

(As an aside, is there a rules type place for this board that I could have gone to to have learned what's OK and what's not ok?)

(And as a second aside, is this Board really paid for by Terry Moore?? From the root of the URL, it looked to me like it was a general discussion board that had an SiP branch that was pointed to from Terry's SiP website)

(And as a final aside, *IS* there a board where it IS appropriate to offer used SiP stuff to less affluent fans who want to save a few dollars over buying the TPBs new? While I fully support a creator's rights to make $$ off of his creation, I'm sure even Terry wouldn't object to fans recycling his books to other fans and spreading the word. If this wasn't the appropriate place to do that, where is (aside from an auction site))

Thanks again for your courtesy.

e
    L nny

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I'd say eBay and such sites are still good. As the seller, you decide the pricing. So, if you want to offer a good deal, start the bidding low. I believe eBay also has an option of someone being able to buy immediately if they meet a certain price.

As for rules, there really isn't, except that this is a board for discussing SIP. Other types of discussion should be done at STP, the sister board.

This is Terry's board in the sense that he has final say over how he likes the board to run (good example is that off topic items get their own board). The place where this board is hosted is Hostboard, and I beleive they don't charge for anything at the moment.

I don't know Terry's view on selling used books through the board. I know on occasion, the SIP store has sales where they sell slightly damaged and such books, which might qualify as used in some eyes.

Welcome to the board, I hope you decide to participate in the topics of discussion. Oh, and here's some milk to go along with the oreos (the unofficail drink of SIP).

*hands out milk*

------------------
    The ninja lesbian milk getter. aka dorkflakes.
    Take the time to look up at the moon and stars.
    ChatterBox