Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Combining a number of replies into one humongous post...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yazimariel:
    Good for Katchoo for realizing she was a bitch, and for actually taking advice and calling Fran. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For all that she derided David for being a sheep, it seems as though she used him as her crutch to avoid facding Francine again... I just wish Kat could have brought herself to call before she was left alone.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AsIs:
    I must say I am personally against the emotional blackmail David was using. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That wasn't emotional blackmail. That was David's way of telling Katchoo that he was through with her always keeping him at arms' distance, that, once there was nobody else immediately at hand that Katchoo could use as an excuse to avoid extending him the most basic courtesy of telling him how she truly felt, it was time for them to establish exactly who and what they were to each other.

It had nothing to do with him wanting her to feel miserable; he just got tired of her being so evasive and distant.

Katchoo has been more than just unapproachable; she's been actively hostile to the thought of her and David being truly open and honest with each other.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christinethebean:
    the "freddie the francine hunter" line makes me laugh every time i read it, hehe
    at the david's self respect part, dammit that made me cry.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with you on both parts. The contrast of the total lack of self-knowledge propelling Freddie into the first line, and the moment of perfect self-knowledge on David's part is amazingly well-crafted.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Fett:
    Then on the other hand, the 'good-bye' letter seems to have been in that passive-aggressive guilt inducing vein that made the words 'As long as it's your fist that's hitting me..' come out of his mouth, so that kinda takes away from the overall effect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't passive-agressive at all. It was David's way of saying that he finally realised that as long as Katchoo was pining for an absent Francine, there was nothing to be gained except greater pain and frustration on both their parts if he stayed.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GeminiCancer
    but there is very little sympathy for the fact that Tambi is Katchoo's sister.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlike David, Tambi has yet to express any remorse for her actions that I've noticed.

------------------

KarmaPolice

Wow, I'm really surprised by all the speculation about David and that girl on page one.. I figured she was meant to be a contrast to Katchoo, as someone who had gone through far worse than she ever did and still had her head together. Katchoo is letting the anger rule her life. Page 1 girl reminded me of our vision of FutureKatchoo quite a bit, I wonder if that was on purpose?

Meanwhile: good for David (and geez, he gets complained about for staying with Katchoo, complained about for speaking up, and complained about for leaving - I guess nothing short of being run over by a dump truck will please some people), and good for Francine! She's the only character who's exhibited some actual growth lately, assuming she doesn't fly right back to Katchoo. Katchoo has been just as cruel to Francine in the past as she has to David, and Francine is better off without her right now. Maybe down the line it would be great to see two, or all three, of them reunited, but not just yet. Good for Casey and her new boyfriend! They're cute. And I laughed for about 10 straight minutes when I saw Freddie getting back in the car with the flowers on his head. I guess I'll stick with this book after all.

------------------
    "Watch me make up my mind instead of my face."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345