Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now where'd SIP go? Not only wasn't it at the store today(to be fair, not much was, New Years and all. I even had to go to another place to find Four Women #4), but Amytoilet says, on the #46 Preview thread, that her store didn't expect it next week either.

Didja promise the new SIP & PTOO too soon too soon?

(whew, I'd be lost if not for these message boards! biggrin )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Mibbit, we didn't get it either. My guess is that it is beyond Terry's control at this time. Since it is early it won't show up on our invoices, so the shops have no certain way to gauge it.

------------------
    Selah

The bridge between life and death is love.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know it shipped, I have my advance copies that are sent to me the same day the bulk shipment goes. I guess it's somewhere out there at the mercy of the holiday setback shipping company stuff delay things whatever. And, as AsIs says, SIP46 is very early, so the stores will not have it on their schedule yet - they;re not used to books comeing EARLY!

PTOO5 is funny, almost all Kixie (though not the keeper straight girl-I've already changed her for the real strips). I will turn it into the printer this weekend and it will ship within two weeks.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's not at my store either. frown They said it won't be announced; it may just show up next week. Oh well....

------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I was quite dissappointed when I got to my local store in Fremont. After getting up early and taking three busses (dead car) I got there to go home empty handed. I was told pretty much the same thing, that they weren't expecting another SiP for at least 3 weeks. <<siiiggggghhhh>> I guess I'll just try again next week.

We don't hate you Terry, we just love your work SO much that we can't WAIT to get it.

Do subscribers have better luck?

Lyric054

------------------
    Water under a burning bridge.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Hey!! Stop yer moanin'
    Try living across a vast expanse of water...then you'll all know about waiting.
    =P

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So it's the same rigid distribution system that killed the Image "Non-Line" (Sure...LATE books they understand! They cancel them, but they understand them. rolleyes ) I'll have to keep my eye on the New Comic Book Release List.

Well, a surprise would be nice, I guess!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

That's funny. The store I go to (Atlantis in Santa Cruz) has had it for a little while. I went to get it on the first I believe. It was there before then though... (I peeked in the window while they were closed) Well, I guess I go to Joe for a reason!!!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wait a minute.... Maybe it was on the first that I saw it, and the second that I bought it? I don't know...

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Let me explain briefly how a comic shop runs gang.

1. We order comics two months in advance from a catalog. This past Wednesday we ordered from the December Catalog all the comics for the month of February. All those comics that were #1s in January, we haven't gottan yet, so we have to guess how many people will buy it in February. This is why many #1s and #2s are hard to find and cost a fortune on Ebay.

2. We all order from the same company that distributes comics. (There are a few companies that now specialize in back issues and/or independants.) But the bulk of comics still come from Diamond.

3. Each week we get comics in. The comics we will get in typically range from a three month span. We still get in some shipments that include things we ordered in August.

4. Each week there will be comics that are late. We just won't get them even tho people think we are.

What this means is that a special comic like the Trade Ctr. tributes came out separately from the catalog, hence many retailers forgetting to order it.

Reorders: Marvel has only one print run and they won't overprint thier comics. So their print runs are based on preorders. If your dealer runs out, then it is very hard to get Marvel comics after the week they come out.

Dealers very rarely can send back comics they overstock, so this is why your dealer runs out of comics. Keep in mind they are trying to stay in business generally.

For all practicalness the situation with this SIP issue is that it is early. Fear not, your retailer ordered it as usual, but according to his paperwork it isn't out yet. He/she will get it as a surprise when Diamond ships it. Most likely next week. In the last two weeks the bulk of the Diamond staff has been off 4 days for the holidays. Nothing in your comic stores has been as normal the last two weeks.

Hope that helps, but most likely it is just more confusing now. wink

------------------
    Selah

The bridge between life and death is love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast