Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All I know is that I would totally love to see SiP in weekly installments on HBO or any other "adult channel." Meaning that the network won't forced Katchoo into liking "other types of people" just because the network is too scared that an already working sincerio works in the comics but won't translate well onto the screen (be it big or small). My vote still goes to Mira! A television series would just bring more people to this series, like it's already been stated.
    You know what? It could just be all-new adventures of Francine-Katchoo-David just kickin' it on a couch and talkin'. I don't really need issues of the comic retold on screen, just something that adds to the series, not replace it as it might seem. The couch idea would work for one episode but it'll really dive into their characters and what have you. There would be lots that can be done for the series.
    For the record, I don't think Terry is being selfish, just cautious with his own creation. I would hate for him to turn "Vince MacMahon" and try to kill it over this.
    That's all for now!

------------------
    I got Volume 10 of SiP, when's the next one?
    I can't wait!

Mosquito Bay

While I agree that Mira Sorvino had it going on in RK and does have a serious range as an actress, I think that an SIP movie would be best done with Kirsten Dunst 'Almost Famous' as Katchoo, and ... Minnie Driver as Francine. NOW HOLD ON. Minnie Driver from 'Circle of Friends' not the MD from 'Good will Hunting' etc. Back when she looked healthy, not the eating disorder version we see nowadays. When I first saw 'Circle of Friends' I knew that was Francine.

------------------

Inactive Member G14 Productions's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You mistook me. I wasn't implying Terry was being selfish, it's his creation to do with as he sees fit. I was saying that it's selfish of fans to naysay a project just because it might intrude on their interpretation of the work. If it's something that helps SIP reach a wider audience, then that's good for Terry right?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Of COURSE it's selfish of fans to want their beloved creations to remain untainted by mass media! And there's nothing wrong about being selfish about something you love and respect.

Reaching a "wider audience" isn't always a good thing. I prefer quality over quantity, myself. Just because "The Jerry Springer Show" reaches a wider audience than a locally produced public television show doesn't mean it's better.

I'm not debating what is good for Terry. That's for him and him alone to decide.

I'm merely saying that in my own experience, the smaller, lesser-known, independent, unpublicized works of art, be it film or television or theatre or comics, tend to give me greater pleasure than products of mass appeal. There are exceptions, of course.

But this all a moot point, anyway. SIP isn't about to become Witchblade.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I, for one, don't care for Witchblade. Be it comic or television series. I just don't get it.
    That's all

------------------
    I got Volume 10 of SiP, when's the next one?
    I can't wait!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

People keep mentioning the "Almost Famous" woman. Kirsten Dunst wasn't in "Almost Famous." I think you mean Kate Hudson.

Okay, this topic's been beaten to death. Time for me to read something new! :-)

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I've gone cheezy with my selections biggrin

Katchoo - Drew Barrymore

Francine - I guess I'll go for Jennifer Connelly for lack of anyone else on my mind

David - Jackie Chan (can't you see it, doing that character/humble/martial arts stuff?) biggrin
    Freddie - Ben Affleck
    Veronica - Lucy Liu
    Darcy - Helena Bonham Carter (good in a variety of roles, ok she's not Oriental but whatever...)
    Casey - Anna Nicole Smith biggrin
    Terry Moore - Woody Allen wink
    Tambi-Bambi - Grace Jones/???

Muhahahhaa oh man I would be SO dead if I directed this movie with this cast, lol...

But this IS fun smile

------------------
    "It's hard to explain really but the feeling CHANGED me somehow.
    I felt...mm..EMPOWERED!
    Yes that's it. EMPOWERED!"
    -Veronica becomes chummy with Francine

RubberSpatulaRedux

I think these 'Casting Couch' things are neat, but as a big movie fan, I hate when actors (or in this case, actresses) are chosen haphazardly. The trouble about film versions is they leave a permanent mark on the franchise, so the casting should be people who give a damn about getting across Terry's vision-- not whatever fool thing pops into their own head. And that means casting actors, not movie stars.

Some of my choices are based on availability, general resemblance to the character, and some measure of talent. (If you've seen 'The Player', you'll note that I didn't include Julia Roberts or Bruce Willis on this list.)

I really like the idea of Mira Sorvino in the role of Katchoo, and I think she'd do it, too, if the offer was right. I'd also like to suggest Sarah Polley.

Francine is a hard character to cast for, because she doesn't meet Hollywood body standards. She's a BBW in the land of waifs. And I love Jennifer Connely, but I think she'd even agree she's wrong for the role. Annabeth Gish already did characters similar in self-doubt and heart as our Francine earlier in her career. Just see Kat in "Mystic Pizza" and Pudge in Shag for examples. (She actually put on weight for the role in Mystic Pizza...) I keep thinking that it's too shallow. But I'm pretty sure I like Gish better than... oh dear Lord... Minnie Driver. Stop the Insanity! What about Jennifer Westfeldt, if we're casting a younger group?

Hmmmm... I've seen one actor I thought could handle David, but I can't remember who now...

Sela Ward in a cameo as Emma Glass?

I am greatly against trying to line up talent for roles like Tambi and Bambi from a pool of former WWF stars and gameshow contestants. Eeeek! Seems like those parts should be cast from a pool of actors, possessing good physiques. I think the world of Joanie Laurer, but she might not be able to convey the full range of Tambi. <said with complete seriousness>

I used to have someone in mind for the detective that helps our heroes with Darcy...

I think this has to do with the way Terry draws Freddy, but I'd love to see Jason Priestly in the role-- if he gave a dman about it and didn't sleepwalk through the role. I hesitate to mention him, because he seems to be soap wooden in some parts, but I have this strange feeling that he could do an amazing job with a role if he didn't try to make people like Freddy. If he could do series television playing the heel 15/16 episodes, I think he'd be a great choice for Freddy.

I've mentioned it before: I think Tracy Middendorf would be great in the role of Casey. I stand by that.

------------------

- Christopher

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is no way i would ever buy Sarah Polley as a hardened ex prostitute. I dont care how beefed up she is.

------------------
    This is a hard world to be ludicrous in, with so many humans beings reluctant to laugh - Kurt Vonnegut

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I met Sarah Polly a few months ago...I don't think she'd cut it either. She's too small and slight...Katchoo's a bit...more athletic? But Sarah's a real, nice and really smart woman.

Did anyone mention Piper Perabo for Katchoo? I think she could pull off tough (Lost and Delirious). I seem to remember Charlize Theron used to be a favourite to play her as well. I used to think uhm..NOT, but after Vertical Limit, I'm thinking...uhm..Ya!

Jennifer Connelly IS Francine. No doubt about it.

I see Jon Favreau is Freddie. (Ala Swingers)
    and Luke Wilson as Chuck.

Still thinking on the other ones.

BTW..Zap is the most hyterical thing I've EVER heard. And it's SO true. Her, or Ice.

------------------
    M.
    "Euphoria has just been here, and she's looking terrible."
    -Veruca Salt

WonderTwin Power...ACTIVATE!

Semilemelay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12