Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering what happened to Yazi also.

I liked Casey's butt on the inside covers. The facial expressions she has while flirting on the plane are great.

Francine's scene with the minister reveal more about her feelings than anything I've seen before.

I missed Katchoo. The front and back cover kind of explain what she's been up to though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Francine's feelings, and Katchoo in general. Fran's dialogue is one of the best summings up of Kat in the series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'll be honest, this issue worried me some.
    Why?

Because we see Francie being very honest, as bean put it, and I fear Terry may be writing himself into a corner. The more and more Francie realizes she is making a mistake, and that she needs to be with Kat, the harder it will be to make the fact that they split and don't speak for 10 years be credible and beleivable. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm think Terry can do it, but I just don't know how. Actually, I can really only see one way and it's a little disappointing(I won't speculate at present...)

The Casey book-ends wee pretty light....
    I didn't find Pat's reappearance particularly funny. His appearance was rather tedious; stick a fork in Pat-he's done... smile
    Seemed to me maybe his Fraincie-meets-the-preacher-man story didn't go as long as he'd hoped and he needd to fill the pages.
    *shrugs* Which really isn't a problem, just doesn't seem integral right now, but hey, maybe it will be important later.

Darth

------------------
    'Faith. What a dirty monosyllable. Jill, why didn't you mention that one when you were teaching me the short words that musn't be used in polite company?'
    -Valentine Michael Smith, aka the Man from Mars- Stranger in a Strange Land

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Casey meeting the man on the plane is a plot point(albeit a subplot) Terry has/had in mind anyway, another conflict for the wedding scene. Imagine the wild back-and-forth between Casey and David and Freddie and the African-american, with the Freddie part dragging Fran into it all, affecting both Kat and Brad....it boggles the mind! biggrin There IS a scense in this issue that not alot is happening in those pages, but it's prolly setting up later stuff. There was similar dissatisfaction with the first issue or 2 of the current Bone storyline among fans online. I just saw it as set-up. Maybe the recent not-alot-happening per issue is just Terry setting up the brouhaha(brouhaha?) coming later.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I think I hear Olav Beemer: "not much is happening." rolleyes Well, one reason that nothing got resolved in that talk with Gary Biddle may be that Francine wasn't being completely honest with him or with herself. She seems to delight in shocking him with personal details. But when he challenges her, she looks scared. She doesn't say, No, Mr. Biddle, I reject you and your religion and I won't pray with you. Instead she says she got bit by something. Gary Biddle is hardly an angel with a fiery sword separating Francine and Katchoo; he's not even an inquisitor. If Francine whole-heartedly wanted to live with Katchoo, she could hop on a plane to Hawaii anytime. She lived with Katchoo for over a year; she may suspect that it just wouldn't work out. She may fear that going to Katchoo would be a big mistake.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I am just THRILLED for Casey. I think she's been through a lot of crap this year, and she deserves some happiness. The whole inter-racial thing is jsut incidental, I mean, who REALLY cares, right? AND, I love how Francine is being honest about her feelings for Kachoo. I'd LOE to see her "come out," to her mom in the next issue.
    Great issue, Terry, I impatiently await the 42.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's right; it SHOULD be incidental(in society, too!)...Though something tells me it won't be to Freddie. I don't think Fran fully rejects her religion...just those(imo archaic) elements condemning homosexuality and the like. Plus religion is like straight marriage to Francine: something she ought to do, even if it denies her real needs.Nice to see the preacher isn't all fire and brimstone about those parts he, as he said, does not look upon well in his faith.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrasymachos:
    I think I hear Olav Beemer: "not much is happening."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, you must have super hearing. biggrin

No, actually, I thought SIP #41 was a pretty intense issue. True, not much happened in terms of moving the plot forward, but that is not a bad thing... especially seeing how Francine's talk with Gary was extremely well-written.

Olav Beemer

And yes, I'm just one guy, not an international organization of letter hacks. Ask Terry! smile

GeminiCancer

I loved this issue too. I loved to see Casey find someone who seemed to
    appreciate her. After all, Freddie hooked up with her as a rebound lover;
    you know, I'll show my ex-girlfriend how much I don't need her by marrying
    someone who is the opposite of her. Casey's a bit on the dingy side, but she
    has proven to be a good person, if a bit over-zealous.

As for Francine; well, it's hard to say, isn't it? Last issue she was
    talking about how she's not confused about who she is, meaning she believes
    she is straight, and therefore a willing victim of the whole husband, dog,
    and 2.5 kids thing. Now she's telling a preacher that she'd like to scrap
    the whole wedding and run to the arms of her friend she's in love with. I
    have two ideas about why she is so blunt with the preacher:

a. it pisses her off that her mom invited him over

b. he has no real personal relationship to her. Therefore, she feels she can
    talk to him in this way, because he won't be around to have an opinion about
    it after she makes up her mind.

I think Francine is just as confused as ever, and the fact that she's getting
    down to the line on needing to make a fairly lasting decision is making
    things worse for her. Francine spends a lot of energy on what others think of
    her; her mom, men, Katchoo, the church, society in general. The problem is
    that she's so concerned about making a choice that makes everyone
    happy/comfortable, she seldom thinks about what will make her happy. I think
    often in the story, the main conflict has come from this.

By the way, when did Francine get that white streak? Is that new, or have I
    been missing it all along?

------------------
    "They mostly come out at night. Mostly." --Newt, Aliens

"I can crack all your ribs, but I can't break your heart." --Jill Sobule

"Take it easy, but take it." --Woody Guthrie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

the white streak has been there since the plane crash.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast