Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It could be a non-alcoholic drink. But judging by the rosy noses and cheeks of the girls, then I doubt that. I guess the others figure that Kat has been through a lot and since its over (except for the Francine thing) then she won't go to the extremes she has before. Let's just be thankful she's surrounded by people who will watch out for her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't resist no more... haven't seen this elsewhere yet: Why the foosh is Katchoo drinking?? Isn't she holding a "Butt Lite" there? *She is an alcoholic* (even if dry) -- Lite beer is just as bad as vodka for anyone who has to stay dry. And why is Tambi sitting still for it -- she knows K's prob as much/more than anyone.

If I'm mis-remembering or hallucinating K drinking a brewski, please forgive. Otherwise, the question stands....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At least it wasn't Buttweider beer. Hmmm, a troubling question. Katina has done a few binges, but seemly only during emotional stress. Normally she seems to have no difficulty in controlling her drinking. "I don't know anybody with her willpower." In the rent house, Francine had no qualms about keeping a few bottles of wine about. If Katchoo really had an uncontrolable addiction, Francine wouldn't have allowed any wine in the house. And David doesn't prevent her from drinking whiskey at the Houston Exhibition of Tomorrow's Artists. He is concerned, but not alarmed. She is not a secret drinker. I don't know whether there is more than one kind of alcoholic, but I think that Katina is not dependent on liquor.

------------------
    Deo volente, Magiae adero.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Terry commented on this subject once. If I remember right, he said that Kat is an alchoholic, but for the sake of realism, Kat will sometimes be seen drinking, even in front of Francine and others who know about her dependancy. In other words, this sort of thing happens alot in real life. I concur. There are alchoholics in my family who do the same. No one wants to face the problem head on. It's the elephant-in-the-room syndrome. Kat, Fran, David, and Tambi all know about the problem, but Kat will do what she wants when she wants and to Hell with anyone who tries to tell her what to do. So, the people closest to her just ignore the elephant until it makes a mess.

Of course I'm rewording the heck out of what Terry actually said. It was many, many posts ago and I don't remember his exact words.