Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

In the Sanctuary volume, we see ten years into the future, with Katchoo in New Mexico, and Francine looking miserable as Brad's wife (and a mother of a little girl). The question now becomes whether or not Terry Moore is going to trick us, or if this possible future is doomed to happen. Personally, I'm hoping for David and Katchoo to stay together, but in issue 19, we're teased with a very unclear reference impling David's out of the picture.

------------------
    I've never met a soldier
    that wasn't someone's
    child." -Alexandra, "Red
    St

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geek Girl:
    The question now becomes whether or not Terry Moore is going to trick us, or if this possible future is doomed to happen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My ideal would be to have David, Katchoo and Francine all three wind up together, but I have to admit to being a poly romantic geek at heart.

Good to see another Dallas-area type posting in the forum, by the way - did you make it to the signing Terry did a month or so ago?

[This message has been edited by Prodigal (edited August 14, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Terry has been tricking us about a lot of things. But he has done that by keeping secrets, not by telling lies. Terry won't lie, but some of the characters do, such as Veronica. The future is real and it isn't shown only in the Sanctuary TPB. Volume 3 starts in the future and the whole volume is mostly a series of flashbacks. The gazebo also appears at the end of the High School TPB. Francine is unhappily married, with a daughter, and Katchoo visits. But there is so much about the future we don't know. Is the Brad of 2010 the same as Brad Silver? Maybe instead he's the one that met Francine outside the Houston art museum. What happened to David? He could still be alive. It's ambiguous. Talk about suspense! I've been chewing my nails about David for almost 3 years.

------------------
    Deo volente, Magiae adero.

Inactive Member ChristopherFromAtlanta's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I suspect David's alive and well in the future, for these reasons:

If David had died, and Katchoo had a means to contact Francine, she would. That's too important not to call or write about.

The only thing in Katchoo's life she kept secret from Francine was the Parker girls. Although it's reasonable to suspect Terry is just being coy about answering that question (because he didn't want to paint David in a coffin early in the story), it's quite possible that Katchoo is once again sheltering Francine from David's new position as a head on the Big Four.

Now, Tambi probably was just a gleam in Terry's eye back then ("That Katchoo drawing is WAY too muscular for her frame... hang on, this is good-- new character!"), and so was the relationship between Katchoo and Tambi-- but what if Franine doesn't ask a question she knows the answer to... that Tambi is dead, and has been dead for years?

Maybe he knows all the answers, but the likely idea is that he's making it up as he goes along-- but has long since known the fate of David. ;D

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personnally i'd like to see David and Tambi get together. I know it sounds crazy but it makes sense. David likes his women strong, independant, blonde... and Tambi could proberly go for killer hiding underneath his skin. It'd also explain Katchoo's reluctance to explain his abscence to Francine.

I'd also like to see Freddie have a complete mental breakdown. For him to change his name to Francine, undergo extensive plastic surgerey untill he looks like Francine and then become a caberat singer in Vegas.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Geek Girl!!! Run/Tackle/Hug!

I'd wager that the future does indeed happen, but the trip getting there will be twisty and turny.

We don't know that David is dead in the flash forward. Just that Katchoo is hurt and we assume he is dead. But it could be they had a falling out. Or that he dedicated his life to the church and left her or a number of other things. Dead is most likely tho.

Just my two cents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THRAS - I'm with you on the theory of the two Brads. Picture this: After Fran dumps BS, she goes back to Kat. We have a lengthy storyline concerning F & K, maybe more than one storyline, another bad split between them occurs, Mrs. Peters says whatever it is she says that she appologizes for in the future, and Fran goes back to mama's house. BS doesn't want to get mixed up with Fran again, so he is out of the picture. Brad number one runs into Fran through sheer happenstance. They fall in love, or he falls in love and she settles for the illusion of love and promise of mommyhood, etc. Things fall apart in the Future.

Maybe? smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOL! I love all this speculation! However, a bucket of cold reality (if I may use that term) should be tossed in here:

~ Terry said that the first "Brad" was just a tease, not the real Brad.

~ The future Brad is a Doctor, it's probably Brad Silver in the future.

~ David might not be dead, but it seems likely. Although he might have either killed or married Tambi wink which would for sure put him in Katchoo's bad books.

~ Terry promised us that the "Future" we've seen is 100% real. So those things will for sure happen! At least we know Fran and Kat eventually see each other again! smile

Hi Prodigal! Want to join the "Polyamorous Romantic Geek" Club? wink

------------------
    No will but thy will
    No law but the laws you make

Self-proclaimed "LairPet"...Wierder than the average cat!
    Captain TMI!...Resident Feline Expert! &gt;^..^&lt;

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also believe that the future is real. I don't remember reading that the future Brad is a doctor, although that is consistent with the big house. But I don't believe every word that everyone in the future says. For example, I don't believe Brad when he says he has to work late, although I do believe him when he says "something came up." wink (Any Heinlein readers here?)
    Katchoo says married David, but how do we know? Would she keep a secret from Francine? Has she ever kept a secret from Francine? But how could Francine NOT know whether something bad had happened to David? The newspapers would have banner headlines: "Bad Thing Happens to Ex-Billionaire." confused Unless Francine knew the truth but had a nervous breakdown and everyone formed a conspiracy to tell her that David is alive and well and living in Hawaii?

------------------
    Deo volente, Magiae adero.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Ah ha! Finally got volume 9 of the TPB's, and as such, am now caught up! Now, this is my first time posting, so a babbling warning ahead of all else...

First, the karmic justice that Veronica recieved was dead on and well deserved... I think far too many people complain about the more violent aspects of the story thus far, hoping for the more character-oriented stories... failing to realize that those events are part of what make the characters what they are.

As for predictions for the future? I do believe David is dead, as unfortunate as that sounds... there is way too much foreshadowing in his collapse and semi-blackout in issue 40, and Katchoo's reluctance to talk about him when she and Francie first get back together. Also, Tambi (or should we call her Mary Beth now?) has become quite a character, and I will be forced to become extremely irate if something happens to her...
    Ever the optimist, though, I refuse to believe that despite a trend by letter writers to the comic to say that a bad ending is in the works, I still see Katchoo and Francine ending up together, however long that may take (hopefully quite a while!)

Btw, I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but there seems to be something of a horrible character discrepency... Now, I know Casey is an airhead for the most part, but she seemed to have a pretty good grasp on the dynamics of the relationship between Francine and Katchoo by #42, but when she first runs into Francine in the hotel lobby, she acts as though she was almost completely ignorant of the entire situation! ("You're kidding! Gee! I thought you too were joined at the hip... there even used to be a rumor that you guys were, uh... well, you know." I mean, c'mon! It's not as though she was that far out of the loop...

Anyway, I think I'll cut it there for my first post; hope I didn't babble too much!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast