Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oooooh, another geek girl! We're taking over the world!

And she's probably wondering why she's being tackled and hugged... so, to explain to Geek(space)Girl: I'm a longtime SiP reader, infrequent poster over the last year or so, but have gotten to know some really great people on this board. So welcome, stick around and you'll always find someone willing to dig deep into the world of Francie and Katchoo.

AsIs: *HUG*

On topic: I do believe the future is real. What point otherwise for the sequence, it loses its dramatic power if it's not what the flashbacks are leading towards... One thing that has always struck me is Terry stating that he's telling the story in emotional, not chronological order, and I must say he's doing a damn fine job of it. Sure, some things aren't adding up (The "David" thread sums that up nicely) -- or as far as we know. I'm enjoying this ride that Terry's laying out for us, and while I can be as nitpicky as any comic book and science fiction fan, a large part of fiction to me is not always the plot bones, but the journey. I'll take whatever Terry has to give, please, thank you Terry!

Well, Sister Geek, sounds like you've recently discovered SiP and are only at Sanctuary? Hope some of the other posts haven't been spoilers. Read fast!

(I've got to dig out my geek code block, we can compare...)

------------------
    As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality. -Einstein

An engineer thinks equations are an approximation to reality. A physicist thinks reality is an approximation to equations. A mathematician doesn't care about reality.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Brad Francine is married to in the future is indeed a doctor (I don't remember the exact reference, though). And, in the most recent issue, Brad Silver (who we know is a doctor) is on the phone to someone about a job in Houston. Seems like they're the same Brad. I can't see Terry giving us three Brad's. Especially since this one is related to Griffin Silver.

*waves hi to GeekGirl*

------------------
    The original ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Please click on that banner.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "For there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."-Shakespeare, Hamlet
    "My hope is that one day our society as a whole will be able to look past gender and see the integrity of the relationship that lies beyond." --Jamie Brown
    ChatterBox

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Wow, lots of replies! And I'm not the only Geek Girl! Oops! Sorry to intrude on the honorable title ;-)

Actually, I'm all caught up, but I just started in the middle of the series, because I found a handful of issues half priced at a used book store. The comics I love the most are often the ones I got for cheap for starters. On that note, anyone in Dallas should visit Paperbacks Plus, Half-Priced Books and Zeus Comics for good deals. Just don't hog them all, kay? :-)

Thanks for all the information, everbody. Apologies to the original Geek Girl for borrowing the name, and to AsIs for the unwitting deception. But thanks for the hug!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

*Hugs both Geeks* smile

No harm, no foul Geek Girl! I like giving hugs!!

And thanks for the clarification GeekGirl, good to see you again.

------------------
    Vir: Kiron may die because our "glorious" tradition values wealth and power over love.
    Londo: My shoes are too tight.
    Vir: Excuse me?
    Londo: Something my father said. He was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant until now. My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance. - Babylon 5
    - Really I am a woman...honest!
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - I believe trust is more important than monogamy (Savage Garden - Affirmation)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sweet Christmas!!!
    I too believe doctor Brad is the same as husband Brad. I doubt Terry would through that big of a curve ball at us like that. Francine is the type of person (being insecure and all) that wouldn't date two guys with the same name if the first one was a real jerk. Or is she? I don't really know her all that well. I hear she might be gay, har har har

------------------
    I have and read the first 9 TPB's of SiP.
    Can't wait for 10!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey- totally off subject- but... are we ever told what Francine's maiden name is?

I mean Katchoo is Choovansky.
    Francine is about to become Francine Silver.
    But who is she now?

Anyone?

Most curious.

------------------
    "The finish line is a shifty thing-
    and what is life, but reckoning?"
    - Ani D

"The world began in Eden, and ended in Los Angeles"
    -Phil Ochs

"Curiosity may have killed the cat; more likely
    the cat was just unlucky"
    (Alastair Reid? Quote by Enlara)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peters.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in v1, but was mentioned at least by v2 #5, when mom, 'Mrs. Peters' comes to visit.

Darth

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I've jsut read 45 and I am a bit bummed about David. I SO relate to him, and even tho he is more then a tad wishy washy, I appreicated his unconditional love for Katchoo, after all she had been through. (I have been in a simaler situation, I just got on the plane WAY sooner then David did) That kind of undying loyalty, even after taking heaps of abuse is hard to find. And is my perfect world, the three of them would be a happy family together; but back to the REAL world (or Terrys anyway)

Farewell David!! Find TRUE happiness and joy and maybe even love.

Lyric054

------------------
    Water under a burning bridge.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Ever since #43-44, my favorite hypothesis is that all the flash-forwards, so many many issues ago, were another example of Francine imagining possible future(s). It explains the consistencies between that "future" and the one we know she imagined between bouts of morning sickness in #43.

It also explains why she became so inexplicably quickly engaged to Brad Silver. After all, she had been fantasizing about marrying someone named Brad (and having two kids Daniel and Ashley) for a long time.

Most importantly, it allows me to cling to my hopes for a better result for Francine and Katchoo then we were shown in the original "flash-forward." Or am I just grasping at straws? frown

------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why thank you Mibbit! I'm flattered (really) and I am glad you liked it!

Happy posting

Lyric054

------------------
    Water under a burning bridge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast