Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi. I've been gone for quite some time, and, come to think of it, when I was here last, I was pretty much the lurker. Anyway. It's good to be back?

Read some tangents in the WWC & UberSIP threads, and found myself snickering at the idea of a StarWars/SIP Parody Thingie.

Snickering in a *good* way.

So, in the grand tradition of Hypothetical Movie Casting and The Soundtracks In Our Heads...

What would *you* like to see parody'd/crossover'd in the now traditional summer fun issue?

Anyone?

------------------
    current reality is merely a problem to be solved

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

No hesitation on this one...Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Just like Terry, Joss Whedon is a creator that isn't afraid to challenge the status quo, create fun and entertaining female characters, intertwine comedy/drama/suspense in such a way that the lines aren't very clear.

I think Katchoo as Buffy, Franchine as Willow, David as Xander, and Tambi as Faith would be absolutely the thing to make this fanboy's brain explode all over the page.

Dennis Burger

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that is perfect! I wouldn't mind seeing a Pulp Fiction parody... or maybe the wizard of Oz? Francie as Dorothy, David as the Tin Man, Katchoo as the Scarecrow or the Lion, even tho' she's got a working brain and heart. Maybe Freddie as the Lion... as Tambi as the Good Witch Glinda! Isn't that just broken?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, that would make MY brain explode....not in a good way, mind you.... I know there are tons of Buffy fans here, so again I'll voice my lone dissent. That would just basically be a cross over, not much parody. Sort of a fan fiction what if kinda thing.To be honest, after the last one, I'm kinda hoping Terry doesn't do one this year.....
    However, I believe I was the person who posted about Star Wars, so I guess I'll have to stick to that.Kat Solo, Muffins the Wookie, Princess Francie, Darth Femur.....one condition tho-Nobody gives David 'whinny' Skywalker a lightsaber....(But Darcy, I was going into Toshe Station to pick up some power converterrrrsssss!*whine*)

heh.

DARTH

------------------
    The beast that shouted 'I' at the heart of the world.
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Hmmmm, I love the Wizard of Oz idea. And the Star Wars one. How about a Peanuts parody? Or X-men one (i know we've already had a superhero one, though)?

Also, an X-files one could be fun.

------------------
    The original ninja lesbian milk getter.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality"-Savage Garden
    You're going to have to deal with my ego at some point.
    Become beautiful on the inside and it will show on the outside.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

my perfect cross over?! sip/xena. no contest.
    oh wait... thats already been done!! nice one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

For a fun summer issue, I'd like to see Katchoo Francine and David just lounging around somewhere (beach, couch, whatever...) daydreaming and talking about what they think the perfect day would be. One could start, and while they narrate we could 'see' what they where describing. Then one of the other characters would break in with a "Oh! Yeah! And then..." or a "Yeah, just like a..." and the tale would warp as the other person's ideas got jumbled up with what they where originally talking about... It could go back and forth between them. I see lots of great possibilities... *BEG*

Of course, I realize there's an excellent chance that no one has ANY clue what I'm talking about... Sorry, it makes sense to me. But then again, I'm working on my seventh Coke today... eek

BTW, Happy New Year all! Best wishes for the new milenium... Melinium... Millineum...

Uh, can one of the Star Wars fans help me out on my spelling here? biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd be happy with a Paradise Too II on the side, maybe a nice melon for subscribers, which would keep the plot rolling.

Or, another flashback to those cheery halcyon days of the beach, touch football and hoagies, which all seem to take place in the void between issues 12 and 18.

I'm still holding out for a miniseries about the year before Volume I.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know what you're getting at, choovanski. There's a Japanese movie called Roshomon, which I haven't seen myself, but which many TV shows have done their take on. (All in the Family did one of the best ones. There's also a MASH sequence where Frank is charging Hawkeye with mutiny where they use that idea.) That would be an excellent idea. Imagine Freddie's take on some event from their lives! The same event recalled in each character's POV differently would be perfect for Terry's bunch! smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I like the way Choovanski thinks biggrin
    However, I also like the Pulp Fiction and Wizard of Oz ideas, only because I think that it would be easy to typecast, and would probably turn out funny as hell.

------------------
    The maverick heroine of STP land, avenger against those who would kick off with pretty women;
    Hero to some, just another pretty face to others.
    The cutest little lesbian.

...Without love, we are never more than Strangers In Paradise.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast