Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know, I forgot to check what was the title for this issue.

Darn it all, this one pulled all my heartstrings!!
    It's like my eyes are watering just thinking about it.
    Loved the interaction between Brad and Katchoo, Everything between David and Kat seemed so.. natural, that even I, renowned David-hater found it okay...

I'm wondering what the hell is going thru Francie's head right now... I mean, I have an idea of what she's going through, but it's like... GAH... she never heard of artificial insemination?

Loved the part where they sit together and she just holds Kat's hands..

Sigh. anyway. I only skimmed thru the thing. I gotta get back to work. WOW Terry! can't wait for the next issue!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Anyone mind if I pull out one of those clichees (uh... no french accent button) that are so obviously true, as Fox said?

'If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, it never was.'

Look back ten years. Look forward. What do you see?

Smitty

------------------
    "Hello, you. You don't look so good sober."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good point Smitty!

Frankly, though, that was the ONE and only part of the issue that bugged me. Kids??!? This is the reason for separation?? I know that Terry hasnt really SAID that, but if I got it right, thats what he's alluding to... NOT A GOOD REASON.

Other than that one little tiny complaint, I LOVED this issue. Wow, Terry, like Yazi said, way to pull at those strings on our hearts, eh? Everything in this issue was emotion filled. I especially like Brads response to Katchoos accusations. And I really love the techinique that Terry has of blackening the region around the character to literally show that the comment really hit home with them... Ms Peters reaction to K is exactly like it should have been. David and Katchoo? Wow, great way to show it... Very sensual scene, Terry. And Francie is still seeing the ghost... frown That leads into my complaint and I wont go there again.

Great issue Terry! Thank you so much for this lil gift!

Oh and BTW Darth? Yazi works LITERALLY across the street from a comic store. I asked her the same question six weeks ago. smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the part I liked best(I think, I've only read it once...) was between Brad and Katchoo. I hate to say it, but I'm gonna hafta side with Brad on this one. K is jealous, and it SOOOOO shows when she's reading Brad the riot act. I mean, I understand it, I've been there myself, but k wasn't being fair, because she was getting desperate, cause she was thinking all the stuff she said to David when she was crying the whole way back. My only problem is what Terry said about ish #39 starting a new focus on some new characters.....color me confused, but I have NO idea where he intends to go with that(unless it's a red herring about a red herring....*head spins*). I just know I want to see the NEXT 24 hours.......

Darth

Yaz-Weird. I have a comic store right acroos the hall in the same building where my office is. But UPS delivers so late in the day, they drive to Chicago(2.5 hrs) to get the books themselves. Sigh. You are indeed swift.

OH, yeah-Did anyone else skip the first page? OK, so I'm a philistine, but it made my head hurt, and I only had so much time on my lunch break.....

------------------
    'People create history while weaving love
    Even knowing I'll never be a goddess or anything like that
    I live on'
    -Zankoku no Tenshi no TEZE(Cruel Angel's Thesis)-Neon Genesis Evangelion

[This message has been edited by Darth Fett (edited January 31, 2001).]

Iris

This was a great, very realistic issue. I just read it 5 minutes ago on my break at work, and had the same problem with the first page, Darth.

Is it selfish and cheesy for me to wish SiP goes on for a verrrrrrry long time? I was just feeling bitter about the industry after reading Wizard's contest where they tell guys to design costumes for women ONLY (and the disclaimer about the nude stuff) and this book just reminds me of everything good out there!

------------------
    Iris
    ~~~~~~~~~
    I'm hardcore!-Bubbles

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Kids is the reason that Francine is marrying Brad. And possibily why at this moment, Katchoo accepts it.

I don't believe it is the direct reason for thier separation. It is implied they have a big fight at Francine's wedding. Which is some time away, depending on how much story Terry wants to tell in between. I don't think we will have the answer to that part of the puzzel anytime soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read the first page. But ya gotta be careful...if you DO read it, you could be...HYP-MO-TAHZED! (Paul Shaffer keyboard noodling)...HYP-MO-TAHZED! biggrin Yeesh! The Kat/Brad con-fab...I was sympathetic with Katchoo, but LOVED what he said to her:"I'm not going to...be categorized by a woman with issues who doesn't KNOW me!" So far I'm a Brad defender(tho with the aforementioned K sympathies). Tho he sometimes looks like it (that beard!), he is (so far) no Freddy. The future may be more about F&K than F&B.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you ..really.. think kids is the reason? Or is it just the best, most unanswerable reason? Francie has an idea of herself, who and what she should be, how it will look (seeing herself thru the eyes of others). I think she's just not able to reconcile her love for Kat with 'growing up' and 'being a woman'. How do you say such a thing to someone you love so deeply? 'I just wasn't brought up that way and anyway, it would kill my mother'. Yeah, mmph, nice. But there is simply no argueing that for all the love, comfort, support and (sometimes) security that Katchoo can give Francine, she cannot give her children. It's the answer with no answer, no fault, no blame, end of story (altho I'm with you on the artinsem, Yaz, or adoption, how about it?).

On another note, one of my favourite moments was Marie telling Brad, "Stepping aside." With those 2 words I really came to appreciate Francie's mother as something other than an ostrich ('what we all do, dear: diet, drink, and decorate!' or 'and this too shall pass. I feel better already, don't you?'). She gets it, I think. Stepping aside, indeed.
    And the 2nd time I read through- David's little heart piss in the snow. Ha,ha,ha, and people at work are starting to look at me funny, like I've dipped into the drugs again.

Whew. Smitty

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How in the heck did you get a copy this early? UPS doesn't even deliver the books to my store until 11......
    I guess you just have to know who to bribe(or threaten!) And I thought I was connected....
    *bows in the direction of mighty Yaz*
    Unless you mugged the UPS guy, that's just wrong! smile
    I'll come back when I have something constructiv to say(ie-after I have read it!)

Darth

------------------
    'People create history while weaving love
    Even knowing I'll never be a goddess or anything like that
    I live on'
    -Zankoku no Tenshi no TEZE(Cruel Angel's Thesis)-Neon Genesis Evangelion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

And I'm running out of time...

In this issue, Francine says the above line and then we see her looking at the ghost and Katchoo looking at her.

I went back and reread the scene with the ghost in #34. I believe the ghost symbolizes Francine's relationship with Katchoo or Francine's heart. Or both. So she appears because Francine is making a decision about her relationship with Katchoo. But in rereading the previous meeting with the ghost, *time* was a subtle theme in that meeting.

Francine has been thru a lot in the last few days, monthes really. There is no way she can have everything sorted out. But there is the place that feels safe. Brad. And the place that scares the crap out of her. Katina.

Running out of time could apply to the ghost appearing. But that doesn't feel right.

It could apply to having almost died two days ago.

It could apply to the failed relationships with guys Francine has had in her life and here is this guy who says he loves her. Does the right things. Seems to accept her for who she is. Puts up with her mother. And the list goes on.

Running out of time to take chances.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast