Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

color me dense...

the first time i read the page in the dark, i read it as them standing together in the dark. the second time i read it, i read it as them in bed after round 1. that just didn't seem right. (of course this could be terry using the audience's imagination as his best weapon...) could they have just held each other? would they have just held each other?

i mean, if she's sobbing in the bed because she thinks she lost fran because fran knows how much of a strawberry tart she was back in the day, and she just boinked david, then 1. david _has_got_ to feel like shit, 2. did boinking david remind her why francine is backpeadaling, thereby sending her into a fit?

but if she's sobbing in the bed because she thinks she lost fran because fran knows how much of a strawberry tart she was back in the day, and she and david have been holding each other, then it gives a little insight into her and david's relationsip. and it does kinda fit. sorta like what francine did to freddy: "i've done all these things with all these people in the past, so i'm not going to do them with you (...yet)."

yet another random thought from the non-sequitur broadcasting system.

------------------
    the almighty can shove his scripture up his ass if just one word of it says i can't stand by my friends.
    -jessie custer "preacher"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol, i noticed that darth. biggrin

and, the feeling that i got from the bedroom scene in the dark was pretty much the same as darths. they were laying in bed, before antyihng occurs, holding each other, david asks her to marry him, and starts kissing k. then katchoo starts using some of her knowledge, and makes david feel _really_ good (hence the "oh.......my...........god") after which they fall asleep. david wakes up to the sound of k crying over francie once again and feels used, like he should.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Isn't it interesting the way you can show so much with just the word ballon placement?
    I got the feeling they were in bed just from the way he had the word ballons qoing from upper left to lower right, almost reclining.
    I got the feeling the page was just before as you eloquently put it 'Round 1' smile.

In any event, I am sure you are dead on about how David feels tsaiberia- I know I would...

(No, I actually don't have anything better to do than post all morning-my boss is gone and I have no real work left for this week.......:P)

Darth

------------------
    'People create history while weaving love
    Even knowing I'll never be a goddess or anything like that
    I live on'
    -Zankoku no Tenshi no TEZE(Cruel Angel's Thesis)-Neon Genesis Evangelion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've only read through the issue once, but I don't really get why Katchoo is so upset. She was ready to ditch Francine for David because of Fran's indecisiveness way back before the plane crash. Maybe I'm just being a silly stupid boy head and not getting the whole crushing feeling of losing the one you love. I'll have to reread it and see if I can sympathize with Katchoo. She seemed like a selfish bitch to me in this issue.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you hit the nail right on the head.

Katchoo was ready to leave Fran. Or at least believe she was. But she knew if she came back Fran would take her in like Fran did in the past so many times.

So, Fran is like an anchor to Katchoo. No matter how many times Katchoo leaves she knows she can return to the safety and normality that is Fran.

Now the tables are reversed. Fran is leaving Katchoo. And Katchoo isn't sure if it's for good. Suddenly the anchor is gone.

And Katchoo is panicking.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yuppers.

When Katchoo left back then, she wasn't leaving leaving. She was going to NY without Francine and coming back. What would have happened had the trip gone thru without a hitch, that's another story we will never know.

I think Katchoo would have been ok, if she had known about Brad before meeting him. She still would have been distrustful, etc. given Francine's track record, but she wouldn't have gone ballistic.

In this issue we key into Francine's emotions in the aftermath of Veronica. But don't forget that it has been a pretty horrific few days for Katchoo as well.

Three or four days ago, she was a drugged out zombie wanting to die. Two or three days ago, she was taking down one of the biggest mob bosses with Tambi and got to sob in Francine's lap, with the promise of Francine being there when they were done. Then you have Francine kidnapped and David kidnapped. Rescue David, rescue Francine. That go off into the sunset feeling with Francine is gone. Francine won't even look at you, because you look like a monster.

Heh, I think Katchoo showed a bit of restraint with Brad. And I am impressed that Brad didn't end up a puddle.

But yeah, as many people do, Katchoo took it for granted that Francine would always be there waiting for her and the truth is a hard mistress.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

agreed. its been a horrific week for the whole group of them. Francine is looking for a normal life with someone who loves her. which doesn't involve Kat as her primary person anymore, because she can't count on her. getting kidnapped, Katchoo disappears at weird times, sudden past that rears its ugly head and thanks to some pushing from Veronica, Francine needs some time away from her. She seems to be done trying to figure out how she feels and is taking a stand. By marrying Brad, who Will stand by her, and having a "normal" life. Katchoo comes through a hellish experience, turns to Francine, and suddenly her love is spoken for, SLAM! in her face.
    David knew what he was getting into. he saw the whole scene between Katchoo and Brad, he isn't blind or stupid, just desirous and needy. So yeah, its going to hurt that she boinks him then cries over Francine, but it can't be completely unexpected, she's been moping about it all day, and she's made comments about her love for Fran in front of him before. and he does hold her and comfort her. takes care of her. then convinces her to go talk to Fran the next day, so that they can clear some air between them. i feel bad for him, i really do, but he walked into it open eyed. Katchoo on the other hand seems to turn to him instinctively for sex, its what she knows and knows well. i think its one of the ways she attempts to take charge of her life, even for a moment, so that she isn't completely losing control. between recent events with the mob and stuff with Francine, everything has got to seem like a hurricane in a bad dream, ripping her life apart. taking away from her the person she loves most. so she reaches for David, who she knows will be there.

by the way, I LOVED the penguins, they were awesome. and this was a Fabulous issue. and kudos to Brad for standing up to Katchoo. kudo's to Fran's mom for her perceptiveness too. she may seem to be lost at times, but she definitely sees more than she lets on she does.

[This message has been edited by tyledras (edited February 04, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe David doesn't feel bad. Maybe he doesn't feel used. Katchoo claims to have known his whole dark, dirty past all along and didn't hold it against him. She gave him a chance, tried to let him show her who he really is, right now. David certainly knows much of Katchoo's past, from her step-father to her relationship with Darcy to her love for Francine. Especially her love for Francine ("you'll have to share"). How could he hold any of that against her? He knows who she is, and he loves her. (note I did not say, he loves her _anyway_.)
    Contrary to what we've all been told, love is NOT necessarily a two-way street. There is a part of all of us that, in loving someone else, makes US special, fufills OUR needs, whether or not we are loved in return. David knows Katchoo loves him, he knows she loves Francie, and I'll give him all the credit in the world for taking that in stride. He would be foolish to demand to be the center of Katchoo's universe, and ultimately he doesn't need to be, because HE loves HER. He loves her enough to bring her to Francine ("go on, honey. She loves you"). He loves her enough to never ask, who do you love more? And he loves her enough to hold her while she sobs her heartache over the loss of another. Is it anesthetic sex? Yes. A rebound relationship? Yes. Does it matter? NO.

Smittygirl

PS and I mean this as no arguement with you, Jadian, only curiosity, but what kind of demands would you see David make? and do you think that a night of sex is a 'committment of the body' for an ex-call-girl bisexual lesbian?

[This message has been edited by SMITTYGIRL (edited February 04, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i've got to agree with you there Smitty, now that its said. David doesn't once look upset for himself, but rather is full of concern over Katchoo. It is very touching, the way he gently encourages Katchoo to go sit with Francine the next day, waiting patiently off to the side like he always does. He is so constant. He doesn't take a stand very often, and sometimes I want to grab him and shake him a bit, but its a comfort probably to Katchoo, having him always there, always accepting. Have to give it to him, he knows what he wants, and he waits for it, doesn't let anyone tell him it Can't happen. just smiles, says he doesn't mind, and keeps waiting. guess it finally turned in his favor. But i don't think it'll ever go to his head, like it would some people.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Heh. Finally I got this issue, and I have a few random comments about things.

Things such as, the "I want children" scene. In that scene, my first thought wasn't "this is what separates them?!" but "oh, no, poor Brad!" It seemed to me that she was saying that the reason she was marrying Brad was because Brad was able to give her children, and not because of any particular love for him. And since Brad clearly loves Francine...

Also, isn't it interesting how, in that scene, Francine holds out her hand for Katchoo to grab onto?

I think Brad struck a nerve when he said, "I'm the one who isn't walking away." After all, Katchoo *was* the one who walked away. Several times. Was he comparing himself to Freddy or Katchoo?

On a lighter note, I think Brad and Casey would make a cute couple! They both tend to stick their feet in their mouth. "Hey, can you make me gay?" "I kind of pictured this blonde lumberjack type."

Marie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast