Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Darth, if you don't wanna collect the huge motherload of Cerebus up to date, you should get #232 and 238, if you wanna see the parody of "Mr. Tusshi" (that's Going Home #1 and 7) Greg Hyland is also parodied in the first one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Could someone post the address of the Sandman
    sites? I'm hopeless when it comes to finding
    stuff. And thanks so much for the great tip!
    BTW, where do I find a complete list of Terry's work? I have the Gen 13, but that's
    all I have other than SiP (unless you count
    Molly and Poo).
    Laylana
    ~

------------------
    "I am NOT the sidekick!"
    - KATCHOO, the TRUSTY
    SIDEKICK.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanx Mibbit!

Necrom, Billy Tucci is the creator of 'Shi', you know the pasty faced Japanese style bad girl form the early 90's. Awful, just awful. The man has no concept of Jpaan, the Japanese people, culture, religion, etc....
    He's not insulting, but his info has obviously been gleaned fom Chuck Norris movies....
    He also produced the Shi/Cyblade cross over with CyberForce(which also foisted the idiotic Witchblade on the world). This WAS insulting. sadly, the gals made a cameo appearance in the contrived plot device of indy comics having to fight 'big corporate comics'(literally....).....I understand Terry's participation, tons of indy folk did and lent their characters to the book-but the writing stunk on ice.
    Brian Bendis makes fun of him to in the letters page of powers(hands down the most entertaining letters page I have ever seen)

Darth

------------------
    'People create history while weaving love
    Even knowing I'll never be a goddess or anything like that
    I live on'
    -Zankoku no Tenshi no TEZE(Cruel Angel's Thesis)-Neon Genesis Evangelion

Maida

Actually, Billy Tucci is a nice guy once you get to know him. He just made some bad decisions early on in the comic book industry. He's well-meaning, but he really isn't into it for the love of the medium.

Billy and Terry were the first comic book artists I ever met. I dressed up as Shi for my first comic book convention.

I'll be the first to admit that the only Shi series I really enjoyed was Way of the Warrior. I love his art, though.

Anyway, way back when, I created one of the first unoffical SIP (and Shi) websites. It hasn't been updated since I started working on this website, but it has a decent gallery of Terry's pinups and various pieces.
    http://www.maida.net/sip/gallery.html

And, it has a decent listing of the work Terry has done from the beginning until 12.17.97.
    http://www.maida.net/sip/works.html

That's it...from the fan girl in me. Hope to meet some of you in San Francisco... MaidaNet has a table between Terry and Judd Winick... courtesy of Judd Winick and Terry Moore smile

Webmistress Maida

PS Bendis rules! wink

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanx for the info Maida. It is nice to know that BT isn't stupid or evil....I'll just chalk it up to good intentions.....

Will you be at WizardWorld this year(yeah, I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask anyway) SF is out of reasonable driving distance for me(Like about 1500 miles...)

Darth

------------------
    If you're really a Goth
    Where were you when we sacked Rome?

Maida

Talking

Actually Darth, I'm not completely ruling out Wizard World yet. For fun, I wouldn't go, but for business, I might. wink

Since I'm doing the MaidaNet thing full time now (got laid off this month), it would be a good place to pick up more comic book websites.

We'll see how it goes in San Francisco and San Diego. smile

Webmistress Maida biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HEY, Maida, do you know why Wizard don't mention SIP?
    SIP and Planetary are my fave books and every month I buy Wizard just to see wether it have them in it .But....there's only the same.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SiP isn't news any more. The back issues are hot, it sells well, it's good, and everybody knows it. Terry doesn't like to reveal his plans for the future and that's what alot of Wizard is-news and previews and straight-from-the-horses-mouth hype. Wizard gave Terry alot of press and was helpful in spreading the word. SiP just isn't front page news anymore, because we all know it's good. If Terry wanted to generate some buzz, he could call them up and drop some hints about what ever big story arc he's got planned, and I'm sure they'd run with it. But Terry doesn't like to do that.
    BTW- Wizard's Web Site had an article on Valentine's Day about books with a signifiacnt romance factor, and they mentioned AND praised SiP.

Darh

------------------
    If you're really a Goth
    Where were you when we sacked Rome?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12