Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, in addition to SiP, I read about a hundred or so comics a month; I own a comic book store so I have to in a way. I love Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men. When I started reading comics, I picked up Bone and The Waiting Place. I used to love Dork Tower and Liberty Meadows, but they haven't been as funny as they should be recently. I'm trying to think of titles that people are not reading that and should be: Shades of Blue, Electric Girl, Blue Monday, Barry Ween, anything by Andi Watson. Judd Winick does Barry Ween, but his mainstream stuff like Exiles and Green Lantern is actually really good so far. Greg Rucka is also a great writer; his Whiteout series is excellent. That's it for now; just keep reading!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey littledemon;

Right now there's only two places in the immediate area that I know of that carry SiP; there's a Fanfare on S. Westnedge next to the Peter Piper Pizza, but I'm not a very big fan of the place; they don't offer a lot of discounts on their books, and don't really care about the customers as much as smaller shops... there's also Discount Hobby, which is in the same strip mall as the Target store here in Battle Creek next to Lakeview Square Mall. Much nicer place, if you don't mind the drive, and the owner is a great guy. smile Hope I helped!

P.S. Barry Ween is a hilarious read, and if I could feasibly tie Winick to a post and force him to kick out the issues a little faster, I would! j/k...lol

------------------
    "Hah! How many hamsters alone has your family killed?" "Eight." "Eight!? Jesus, it's like Jonestown for pets."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, what else do I read? Let me see here...
    Indies:
    1. Nodwick
    2. Player Versus Player (PVP)
    3. Complex City(has a picture of Terry right on the front page! I was standing just to Terry's right, out of camera range. Robyn took the picture.)
    4. Girl Genius
    Majors:
    DC:
    Young Justice
    Impulse
    Marvel:
    Avengers
    Deadpool
    Spider-Girl
    Elektra (although I think I'll drop this one soon.)

As you can see, I have quite electic tastes. I'm starting to get more and more into indies, though... :\

------------------
    Other site:
    http://on.to/empress The Throne room - An Empres site.

[This message has been edited by quamp (edited August 31, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone else read Harry Potter besides me?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uhm, maybe Citromage....
    The only one of my friends who has read them is a Pediatrician, so it's basically research(which is also why he knows so much about Pokemon and teletubbies-win their hearts and you win their minds and all that rot, I guess! smile)

Hey, Quamp, what don't you like aboot the new Elektra series? I think Bendis and Austin have struck very close to the classic Elektra Assassin, but still give it a feel of something brand new.....*shrugs*
    Just curious...
    Austin is proving to be a *VERY* versatile artist, from the Euro-'Heavy Metal' style in Elektra to his tight, hard edged manga style in US Warmachine. The man can produce 10 inked pages a day on his computer...Hey, maybe we should take up a collection and buy Terry a set-up just like it, huh?

Naaaaaaahhhhhhh....

Darth

------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

[This message has been edited by Darth Fett (edited September 01, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just out of curiosity--and as long as we're discussing what else we read--has anyone out there read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon? I was initially a little wary of it, because it seemed like a book I would really like, but not being familiar with Chabon's other novels, I was worried that would hate it.

The book is far from lousy. Chabon obviously has a great deal of respect and affection for comics and their creators, which, combined with his beautiful prose makes it one of my favorite novels. (I find it hard to believe it didn't win any of the awards it was nominated for.) He's taken the history of comics and magic and the Holocaust and made it into a mirror that reflects the twentieth century itself.

If anyone here as read it, what did you think of it? If you haven't read, I wholeheartedly recommend it.

------------------
    Our generation is realistic, for we have come to know Man as he really is. After all, Man is that being who invented the gas chambers of Aushwitz. However, he is also that being who entered those gas chambers upright, with the Lord's Prayer, or the Shama Yisrael on his lips. -- Viktor E. Frankl, psychologist, founder of Logotherapy, and concentration camp survivor.

"If an attractive young couple enters my realm, I will carefully monitor their activities. If I find they are happy and affectionate, I will ignore them. However if circumstance have forced them together against their will and they spend all their time bickering and criticizing each other except during the intermittent occasions when they are saving each others' lives at which point there are hints of sexual tension, I will immediately order their execution." -- #98 of the Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Was An Evil Overlord by Peter Anspach

"I'm all right the way I am! I don't have to improve! How could I improve? How, I ask you?! How?" -- Lucy Van Pelt, Peanuts Character

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

as i am using a friend's user name, i'll state right off that i'm squall3116, and as to what i read:
    sip (duh)
    kabuki
    liberty meadows
    strangers too
    jla
    jsa
    titans
    young justice
    green lantern
    green arrow (kevin smith ROCKS!!!!!!)
    ultimate spiderman and x-men
    captain marvel (so does Peter David)
    promethea (strange but awesome)
    i also own and read all the astro city tpbs which totally kick @$$!

as for books: star wars, star trek, stephen king, dean koontz, robert heinlein, anne mccaffrey, brian jauques, tom clancy, isaac asimov, ray bradbury, and douglas adams.

------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12