Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

People, people!

Wow! Holy smokes, calm down. Would I spend 8 years making this book just to toss it all away in the space of one issue? Give me some credit. Jeez.

This is exactly what went on during the release of the I Dream Of You issues. People don't remember it later, but during its release my safety was threatened frequently. When it was all complete as a book, people forgot what it was like to be left hanging in horrible places without answers for weeks on end. I just one-upped the practise of cliff-hangers with 43, that's all (And people said the story lost that ability once they knew the future!).

Angry readers: please be patient and read 44. This unexpected blindside whammy only lasts 2 issues. And try to restrain yourself from all the cheap tv plot references - you're really going to hurt Francine's feelings.

Supportive but curious readers:Blue Miata's for every one of you! You have my permission to crow about all this when 44 comes out.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Moore:
    (And people said the story lost that ability once they knew the future!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, than are you confirming that this 'end' we are presented with, Fran and Kat, happy together, is indeed the end?
    I hope so....BTW I don't think knowing the ending ruins the telling of the story so please, please tell us, yes or no!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    This unexpected blindside whammy only lasts 2 issues.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, this is a very telling line, and I think I know where you are going with it....
    I guess I'll have to wait and see huh?

Like I said on the other thread, Terry, gold star and a pint to you for having the stones to try somehting like this. I'll have to reserve judgment on the 'execution' phase until I see then next issue or two, but I WILL read the next 2 issues.....
    But did you have to be so mean in the first few pages(and you know what I mean....)?

Heck, at least when I post, I use smilies and stuff so you don't take it personal....I only criticize to contructive ends.......at least, that's what I try to do..... confused

Well, you havent lost me, just do what you gotta do Terry.

Darth

------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

[This message has been edited by Darth Fett (edited September 06, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Darth Fett (edited September 06, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't read the other threads since I last posted on them (and that damn electrical boy-who-cried-wolf, or, "fire" is honking on again, too!), and I went to this one first thing.

Can you tell us, Terry, if the "blind-side" being temporary means fixing what I thought was wrong(David's future being vague and not showing the wedding or immediate events leading to it), or if it means throwing out what I liked about it(the dawning of an "alternate universe" retelling with different results all along the way, for years at a time)? Both? Neither?

Not sure whether to be relieved or worried. I trust the writing and art. I was thinking the holes would be filled, as it were, at some point, along the "new" story. THAT I'd like to see.
    With ya 'til (the SIP equivilant of #300)

Hey, Terry, don't worry. at least you didn't reveal a troubling worldview for fans to complain about (Like Dave Whatsisface biggrin eek )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

terry, i hope that i didnt offend you too terribly. what i meant to convey is that i was disappointed. i will stick with the book to see what youre talking about, but... i was VERY disappointed. i dont know how to convey it in words.

HOWEVER, i WILL say that the first couple pages were proly the funniest pages that ive read in comics in a looooooong time. good "throw" back at us.

sad, but hoping...
    oz

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good plan, Oz. smile

I'm too much of a comicbook neophyte(in the "mainstream" sense) to be understandably cynical about alt. universes and gimmicks(or "gimmicks")(Hey, grant me one Sim-ism! biggrin ) and storytelling shortcuts (not true in this case due to the first post here). It's like when a good movie is accused by hard-bitten critics of copying what came before, while I, a casual movie-goer, only see whether it's good or not.

Nobody here is a "hard-bitten critic", btw, just an analogy! smile )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First, terry mocks me(indirectly ) in the pages of one of my favortie books, now Mibbitmker says I'm not 'hard-bitten'.....

Now I gotta go have a good cry and have a Francine-size milkshake.....

wink

'L'-ing 'OL'
    Darth

------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really don't want to talk about the plot or give you shortcut answers cause it wouldn't be right, and I think it is important that you all get to vent and react without fear of me squelching you... I just want to put in a word encouragin some of you not to talk yourselves into turning away mid-scene. Perhaps I should have added the next page at the end of 43, but at the time I was feeling brave.

And let me just say that I wasn't quoting anybody on the board during my editor-Ashley dialogue. I just summarized the criticisms of SIP in general and I think they were true words. I've heard them for years. However, I can't answer for the girl's reactions, that's out of my hands! You understand.

One thing I will admit: I will tell you that you have not seen the absolute future in 43. Again, I think maybe I should have added the next page at the end of the issue. The very next page you will slap your forehead and go "Duh!" That's the good news. The bad news is, you're not going to know what really happens to Francine, Katchoo and David without reading the next 2 years of the series.

But I'm so moved by your strong emotions, good and bad. No writer could ask for more than what all of you give me. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I'll leave you alone now. Speak your minds, say what you want, yell, cry, whatever. I won't interfere any further. Hope to see you in 6 weeks!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Moore:

People, people!

I just one-upped the practise of cliff-hangers with 43, that's all (And people said the story lost that ability once they knew the future!).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"She does not get eaten by the sharks at this time."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Suda Nim: Made me laugh, buddy. Thanks! biggrin

------------------
    "Silence can kiss my ass." - Terry Moore

Inactive Member christinethebean's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

two more issues like this and two more years of sip (comeon ya'll, cheer!) i admit that my reactions on the first reading of this issue had the employees of tacobell wondering what bit me, but hours later i can see the humor in it all.

and terry, have robyn take away your vhs of the movie clue! hehe

~christine

------------------
    within this calm sexy body beats the heart of a true scientist. ~ harry block

bean's site

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast