Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very good point, Thras; now I have to beat my head against the wall several times for having overlooked that... redface My powers of cognition are on the fritz lately, guess I'll just have to wait for 44 and 45 like everyone else! I could certainly deal with something Python-esque as opposed to a Newhart-ish story... "Hi, I'm Katina, this is my sister Samantha, this is my other sister Mary Beth." tongue

------------------
    "Your mother let you watch 'Altered States'? The woman who said, 'Jesus never had a t.v., and neither should we?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HEEEEY!!
    Newhart was the GOOD dream device!(note I didn't say "gimmick")

------------------
    Hey, Emily! Supercool! cool

[This message has been edited by Mibbitmaker (edited September 09, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But not all of Francines dreams have been in color(alttttthough it's hard for me to tell sometimes... it's so vivid it's like color) when she had the dream of them as children and woke up saying "I love David", that was black and white.
    I also had a strange thought, what if it's the ten years apart and the marriage that is the dream? I mean we know she has always dreamed of a daughter named Ashley, and a dog named mikey, and a studly Dr. husband and a big house... well she has gotten all those things(and the Dr. is related to a musical superstar is just gravy as well) and we have taken it at face value... what if that part is a dream?

Sorry don't mind me... been having bizarre SIP-induced dreams about hidden rooms inside a big house.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank God I saw this,..Terry, you're going to ruin my two months of effort at cutting down on smoking! *lol*
    I posted in reviews and on several subjects in here before I finally saw this one.
    *lights cigarette* must calm down,..okay I'm calm. 2 issues and this will be straightened out.
    I was tempted to curl up with 42 and use it like a security blankie and forget 43 ever happened. I fully support whatever it is you're doing,..but Jesus H,..you about gave me a heart attack!

------------------

GeminiCancer

Wink

You know, previously I recommended that we write fan fic to relieve stress. It occurred to me that a type of fan fic is written after each new issue comes out, in the form of speculation.
    And it does not appear to relieve stress.
    Oh well...

------------------
    "They mostly come out at night. Mostly." --Newt, Aliens

"I can crack all your ribs, but I can't break your heart." --Jill Sobule

"Take it easy, but take it." --Woody Guthrie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In regards to issue 43-
    I remember a long time ago that someone dared Terry to find a way to change what we all "knew would happen". So is this the reason for the huge changes?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Moore:
    ... I just want to put in a word encouragin some of you not to talk yourselves into turning away mid-scene. Perhaps I should have added the next page at the end of 43, but at the time I was feeling brave.
    . . .

I'll leave you alone now. Speak your minds, say what you want, yell, cry, whatever. I won't interfere any further. Hope to see you in 6 weeks!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, (grumble) okay. I read it, I will persevere through the next six weeks (hopefully to see Ashley deleting alternate version after version until (showing the steel she acquired from both her moms) she decides that she'll go back to the true story.

Just, think, it could have been worse (remember what Conan Doyle went through from his loyal readers after Sherlock's little visit at the Falls). smile

------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Cool, I get a blue Miata to go with my paisley one. biggrin

Quite an issue, definitely has me spinning. I didn't see that coming at all. Looking forward to the next 2 years. smile

------------------
    The ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Take the time to look up at the moon and stars.
    Clicking on that banner keeps Hostboard alive. Please help by clicking once a day.
    ChatterBox

JKCarrier

Question

I am really biting my tongue here. #43 was very confusing and upsetting, but I know I should wait and see what actually happens next before blowing my stack...

Nope, forgive me, I gotta vent just a *little*. Actually, Terry's response above bugs me even more than the issue itself -- I found his comments disingenuous and frankly a little insulting. First he drops this shocking, outrageous "revelation" on us, then he comes online, admits that's it just some kind of fake-out, and then scolds us for falling for it? "Give me some credit", he says. Yeah, well, how about giving me some, and not resorting to cheap stunts to build suspense? Seems to me that Terry's the one who doesn't have sufficient faith in the story, if he thinks he has to pull gimmicks like this to "jazz it up".

Ok, rant over -- now back to your regularly scheduled message board. rolleyes

------------------
    J. Kevin Carrier
    Fantasy Theater: http://members.aol.com/jkcarrier/fantasy.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I know many are calling this a *gimmick* but since we only have part of this *story* at this point, I'd have to say wait and see.

I can easily see this issue having a ton of relavance, it all depends on how it plays out.

In regards to Terry's post above, I believe he is stating that this is not a *Dallas Dream* episode. This one issue *does not* fubar the entire story. And since that was many people's voiced fear I didn't take umbarge at him posting it. Many people did take this issue very personally and if it helped alievate thier fears some, then good. And considering the amount of work Terry puts into this comic (esp, being a independant) I think he was well within his rights to mildly chide people for thinking he would trash something he created.

It's perfectly ok not to like this issue. I am not saying that it isn't. Everyone has a right to thier own tastes. It is far different than other issues. But for myself, I'd rather wait and see where he goes with it, before writing it off.

My two cents.

------------------
    - "This is a dream." "No, not a dream. A Nightmare. And if sometimes dreams come ture, what of our nightmares?" (Sheridan and Galen)
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - Forgiveness doesn't come with a debt. (Mary Chapin Carpenter - I Take My Chances)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast