Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Terry --

I've been pretty disappointed all along in PARADISE TOO! It's just seemed like a place for you to dump your rejected, second-rate projects. But I continued to buy the book, because I wanted to support your work.

Then I read Issue #3, with its inappropriate and wildly biased political cartoons insulting Al Gore, and my opinion of the book changed completely.

Had I known that those cartoons were in the book, I would never have paid $2.95 for it -- I refuse to allow my money to be used to support political positions that disgust me. I actually took the book back to the store for a refund, but it got damaged in my backpack on the way to the shop, and I didn't want my retailer to get stuck with a damaged book, so I didn't ask him for my money back. I did, however, tell him to take PARADISE TOO! off my pull list.

Please keep your right-wing Republican politics segregated from the remainder of your artistic endeavors, so those of us who cannot stomach such politics can vote against them with our dollars.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not political at all, and neither are those cartoons. I was making fun of the people - I don't give a sh*t which side their on. I would have done Bush cartoons but he didn't do anything funny.

I just make the books, how you react to them is all about you. If you need the illusion of party politics to define yourself, you better get used to editorial jokes - they're part of the game and they offend everybody - that's what they're supposed to do.

You really need to to drop the republican, democratic crap from your vocabulary anyway. Those days are gone.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let me begin my reply by stating that I'm in no way a conservative. I'd rather crawl through broken glass then vote for a republican.
    With that said, I'm wondering what makes you think that you can tell someone what they can or can not talk about in their own work. He doesn't write this book for YOU. He has the right to discuss anything that he wants. If you don't like it then just "vote against it with your dollars". But don't get me wrong, you have every right to your opinion, I'm just a little angered by your tone. There's no reason to come here and write such a rude post. You talk as if Terry is guilty of some sort of thought crime. As if disagreeing with your belief system is blasphamy. That's just close-minded. If a comic book can turn your stomach to the point that you have to go back and demand a refund (I would have loved to seen that) than how in the world do you make it out the door everyday? Just wondering.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi LanguorousLass,I`m sure that Terry would value your criticism of his work,but you made it a personal attack. frown

This has always been a friendly place,and I for one would like to keep it that way.
    So the nexted time that you enter this site please remember freedom of speech,does not give you the right to be abusive.... imu2

------------------
    It's simple tips like these
    That keep you safe from injuries
    The surgeon general should do his part:
    Warning, beware, be careful - Fragile Heart

Words By Jewel(EDA)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree it was an over-reaction. I disagree with the cartoons, too, but if Terry can't opine satirically, I wouldn't be able to, either, and opinionated satire is in about anything I'll submit to get published some day.

Terry.... You didn't think Bush did anything funny???? Until Sept. 11, he was CONSISTANTLY, if unintentionally, funny. There was plenty silly on both sides of the ballot-counting controvercy. There is an anti-Gore slant, but that's okay even if MY view was more anti-Bush.

------------------
    "Wars don't last forever, only war does."
    - "Hawkeye Pierce" (MASH)
    (Larry Gelbart, Laurence Marks)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Sorry to dig up this testy post, but I have to defend Terry's editorial cartoons. We're lucky to have them. You know if Bill Watterson published his early ones, you'd flock to the bookstore.

There were a lot of errant quips, entendres, and verbal faux pas last year, but it's true only Gore DID anything funny. From his Casey-esque displays of public affection to strutting into Bush's personal space in the debates, Gore auditioned for (but never played) the alpha male. Terry captured the smugness of the moment.

As for the recount and the threecount, well, the vote in Florida continued to walk, quack, flap, preen, and molt like a duck increasingly as the weeks wore on. False victories were heralded. The obvious was delayed. It was technically the Florida legislature's to settle, but the other states wanted the Supreme Court to wade into the swamp.

So let's prectice a little tolerance, eh? Take it from a resident of Condit country, which now extends into Stockton like jagged finger since redistricting. (Five months 'til the primary, five months 'til the primary...)

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I admit I was a little shocked by the aforementioned comic. I have never really seen Terry do that in a stip. While I lean a little more the Gore than the Bush, I still appreciate Terry's point of view in PToo. Part of what makes up this country is the liberty we all have to express our own opinions and thoughts. I would suggest that next time you go to buy a comic, perhaps you should peruse the material therein. If you find it offensive, don't spend your money to buy it. That is an effective way to show your opinion of something. If you don't like the message or theme of a particular movie, do you spend your money to watch it? No. It is the same with anything else. If you don't want to watch a particular tv show or radio talk show, you change the channel. You have that right. Others though who do like those movies, radio shows, or comic books, have to right to watch it, buy it and read it. If you don't like someone's viewpoint or opinion, that's ok. But I don't think it is right to attack them for it.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What LangourousLass may have overlooked is a simple truth that we all, at one time or another may have taken for granted: This IS America and we are alotted the freedom of speech here. Terry is an artist and Paradise Too is one of the forums in which he chooses to express himself. If it offends, you have the same right to NOT purchase these items. I'm not trying to get all DEEP of preachy, but one thing that bothers me is when society judges someone and feels they have a right to censor someone else, just because they have a opposite opinion. Its OK to disagree with Terry Moore, or anyone other artist/performer/entertainer, but you don't have a right to censor them. Plus, ITS HIS COMIC!! He can put whatever he wants to in it!
    <<whew>> I am glad I got that off my chest>>

Lyric054

------------------