Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I figured that, but barb wire was such a forgetable comic book, and the movie was sooo g'd'md awful(well, I can't actually say for sure past the first 90 seconds cause I changed the channel.....*awk*) it was the first thing that popped into mind...

Don't be so hard on TV Anaka, the burger flippers and ditch diggers need something to keep them docile(otherwise we'd end up having to do that crap ourselves after putting down the revolt... tongue)
    Besides, TV brings cartoons, even Japanese ones now(tho' I hate dubbed stuff and Dragonball in ANY form....)
    mmmmm, rich delicious cartoons....

Best foreign movie I have seen in awhile(well, since Crouching Tiger) is A Better Tomorrow part II. If you can stand seeing a bazillion guys killed, and thousands of rounds of ammo being shot off, Chow Yun Fat delivers a stellar performance. I highly suggest it......

ohhhhhh, wait, how bout 'A Better Paradise', crossing the SiP and Honk Hong guns flicks? Francie could sing(Elvis tunes, natch!) in a club where the gangeters hang out, Kat falls in love with her, and wants out. But Darcy demands 1 last job, pairing with her David(who just got back from being abroad). Of course it'd be a set up, Francie gets kidnapped, Kat goes to rescue her, kills a bajillion guys but gets captured too. David snaps, picks up a couple of 9mm and opens up a can on the whole place. He rescues Kat and Fran, and they fight their way out(blowing up the place in the process) but have to fight Darcy and Tambi. They pair off on family lines, but switch opponents several times. Just as Darcy is about to kill David, Francie tosses him a gun, and David gives her the patented Chow Yun Fat 6 rounds in the chest at point blank range. Kat knocks Tambi off a wall, and tries to save her, but Tambi is too proud to take her hand and falls to her death. Cue end music, the Heroic Trio walks off into the sunset, just before the cops arrive, roll the closing credits.....

Now that would be cool.....
    (*notices a few of you have turned green from all the talk of ultra-violence*)
    Oh, sorry, I guess I got carried away. I luv them Hong Kong gun movies........

Darth

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I totally dig the idea of Tambi getting her own issue and an issue of Tambi and Katchoo's childhood. I'd love that! Maybe a bit on Francine's childhood as well. I dunno, I think I'd probably read anything Terry does, I just love his work.

Inactive Member Christine the bumblebean's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

actually if possible in comicbook form, i'd like to see something similar to a musical... katchoo in my fair lady hehehe or um... david and katchoo in singin' in the rain with veronica as lena lamont, or... *ponders on these odd thoughts*

------------------
    those who hear not the music think the dancers mad
    she is like a symphony to me

Christine the bean's site

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I bet Terry could pull off a comic book musical. Seems right up his alley. Besides, Mad magazine did musical parodies for years successfully(loved any chance for Mort Drucker to show his more fanciful side).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

kind of a joe vs. the volcano, especially add in that luggage, hehehe

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

or something similar to moulin rouge, that'd be pretty cool biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Since were talking crossovers how about we take tell an untold tale of the SIP gang on the run in which they help Jackie Collins's Toughest ladies Lucky Santangelo and Madison Castelli.Madison could be working on the big 6's involvement in Hollywood while Darcy Parker tries to muzzle in on the Mirage with the help of the Benati Family .Naturally Katchoo Lucky and
    Madison come together and but heads at first as it is revealed that Gino used to be one of the big 6 but left when it started to mean zip,Lucky would have to face down another takeover of Panther Studios while Madison tries to get the scoop and Katchoo and the gang try to stay alive on the run from Darcy.Eventually Katchoo,Lucky and Madison all put the pieces of the puzzle together and team up and fight Darcy the Big 6 and the last remaining Benati's. of course in the end the girls and the gang win and stay alive.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, the Lucky Santengelo thing would be hysterical. I can't believe I read her, but I figure, if people can read all those harliquin romances, I love for Jackie Collins should be OK.
    I wonder if Terry would go for it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hysterical?I think fittingis more like it.
    JD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

A summer stock version of Rostand's "Cyrano de Bergerac." Cast:
    Cyrano -- Charles Janson
    Roxane -- Francine Peters
    Christian -- Brad Silver
    Ragueneau the poet -- David Qin
    Comte de Guiche -- Frederick Femurs
    Montfleury -- "Casting Couch" Pat
    Le Bret -- Michael Walsh
    Orange Girl -- Casey Bullocks
    Sister Claire -- Margaret McCoy
    Meddler -- John Green
    Valvert -- John White

....Due to Mr. Janson's accidentally falling down a flight of stairs and breaking his nose, the role of Cyrano in tonight's performance will be played by Katina Choovanski.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast