Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If we do this anytime soon, it should include halloween elements. Maybe costumes? Any ideas for who or what we should dress up as? How about what the SIP characters would wear if they could show up? (I know I'm being silly, but silly is a plus around here.)

biggrin

------------------
    something witty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

It doesn't have to be Halloween if it is a theme party!! hehehehehehehe!! A SIP masquerade ball!!!! Only without the dancing--unless you REALLY want to. We should get Terry to post Francine's spaghetti sause recipe.....

Costumes: Casey would be a playboy bunny type or a french maid. David could be a priest, Francine would be adorable dressed as a Southern Belle, but Katchoo...I don't know. Anyone have an idea for Katchoo?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I think I would be a little more embarrassed about it except my local comic shop is truly chick-run!! [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey nicewitch,

Where's your chick-run shop? I'm in Lawrence, KS. We have a couple of decent shops here (I say that 'cuz the owners read SiP, which is the only comic I read), but I'm always game for checking out new places.

------------------
    She don't need advice that you send to her. She's happy the way she looks, she's happy with her gender.~JJ

See that star...the one shining brighter than all the others? I know the girl who hung it there.
    ~Francine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I pick up my books at A to Z Comics in Blue Springs, Mo. About maybe an eighth of a mile west of 7 hwy on 40 hwy. It's almost an hour or so from Lawrence. the owner of the shop is Debbie. She doesn't really read any of the comics she sells (don't ask, I have no idea) but is a very nice lady who takes special orders and the such. It's really a nice little place. there's a place over in overland park, ks. called 1000000 (million) comics, haven't been there in like, forever, but I remember it being very cool. there's another place right across the Oak Park mall who's name totally escapes me at the moment, but they're pretty cool. Lot of strange adolesent boys though....

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shamber, I can't say that I have heard of that comic, but I haven't been able to keep up on different titles like i used to.

*nicewitch dances gleefully around living room. love of her life ignores her being used to such things*

in a sing song voice: "I got my number 44 today, yay!!"

later: *a contented sigh*

even later: "Gargh!! Another six weeks!! Gar!!"

love of her life ignores her again, being used to such things. smile

hehehehehehe!! I adore this comic....

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nicewitch:
    Anyone have an idea for Katchoo?

Yeah... Anyone ever read Snow Crash? She could be Y.T.!!!! (I just finished making her costume, but I think I may have overdone it...) For those of you who haven't read it, she's a skateboard courier in the future. I know it sounds uninteresting, but I really liked it!
    Anyway, It took me a minute to remember what I was going to say after all that registering stuff. (This is one of my first times in the discussion area.)I need someone to talk to about SIP...

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nicewitch:
    Shamber, I can't say that I have heard of that comic, but I haven't been able to keep up on different titles like i used to.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

psst, hey, nicewitch, Snow Crash was a novel. It was written by Neal Stephenson. It's cyberpunk stuff. The main character is Hiro Protaganist, Uber-hacker, Zen Swordsman, and he can deliver you a pizza in 20 minutes or less. No joke it's one of the finest bits of S/F had in awhile. When you finish that, read The Diamond Age, and top it of with The Cryptonomicon, which is an incredible mix of historical fiction, technical analysis of cryptography, and day-after-tomorrow high tech.

Rumor has it his first book, The Big U was inspiried by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he(and myself) went to college...

If good books can't help you fight of depression, then you might as well sleep or drink! wink

Darth

------------------
    'If a man is willing to die, he can be killed'
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Now, see, this is what happens when you don't live in a bookstore!!

Thanks, Darth Fett. would have never known. Sounds pretty cool.

I am, unfortunately, one of those geeks that doesn't read much s/f at all. *sigh*

------------------
    if the world is going nuts, who has the nutcracker?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12