Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Hi all, this is is my first post at the SIP forum, though i've been reading it for quite a long time now. just shy i guess. anyway i finally cracked and decided to post. i don't really have many people to talk sipness with so i thought this would be the place to find some! i've been reading SIP since about #30 i think, though i have all of them in multiple forms. got me hooked big time (something in the ink?). or it could be the drawings, the story and most of all katchoo, francie and david that kept me immersed in this sea of black and white lines. what i've liked so much was that nothing else was black and white.

a bit on me...i'm 22 (nearly 23), male and i live in australia. i'm at university about to finish my (gruelling) honours year in human genetics, once its done i plan on doing a PhD. please, before anyone asks (or flames, not that anyone would one here, but i have come across some very angry people, who see me as a convenient outlet) i'm NOT into, or agree with human cloning. i am into research concerning craniofacial/developmental disease. i love fantasy books (working through tad williams' memory, sorrow and thorn) and tend to spend way too much time in front of my computer. theres more to me i'm sure, i just can't remember where i left my resume... wink

well that enough rambling. thanxs for listening and i hope i get to know you guys and girls... biggrin

wolf

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't think you have to worry about people flaming you here (within reason anyway), this forum is pretty friendly. I know what you mean about not having people to talk about SIP with. Most of my friends have never heard of it. I used to have a friend who would read my issues, but thats about it. Actually, he kind of annoyed me when we discussed the issues. His general opinion was that it was a well written book, but he hated all the characters and wondered why someone had to cry in every issue (grrr...). Needless to say, he doesn't get to read them anymore. Anyway, welcome to the forums. Sit back and have an oreo(I've been told that they are the forum's offical cookie), and enjoy your stay.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

hi!! I know what you mean on the lack of people to enjoy SIP with. I have friends I would love to read the book, but they look at me as if I have a third eye. They are into way too much superhero stuff and think i am crazy for reading the black white comics anyway. I think the genetics study must be FASCINATING. I am not being sarcastic, I have always admired people who can really get into science. I can to a certain degree, but am too impatient. Have another oreo?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI!!!!

We always need some fresh meat... tongue

*hug*

This is a wonderful place to be, wish you enjoy here. smile

------------------
    "I'll be brand new, brand new tomorrow,
    a little bit tired but brand new." Pluto Bjork

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

thanks for the warm welcome. i LOVE oreos...mmmmm. yeah not having SIP friends is bad, there is always something that makes you want to go..."OMG...*insert amazing event*"

anyway thanx!

wolf

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

frosti writes: "I know what you mean about not having people to talk about SIP with. Most of my friends have never heard of it."

Welcome, wolf. I too have never posted but since the door is open, I'll hop write in.

This is a perfect case of what goes around comes around. I turned my nephew (now 20 years old) onto comic books when he was but a wee lad. We went to comic cons and galleries and readings (we saw Neil Gaiman a few months ago here in NYC.) My comic reading over the years has dwindled to a trickle of select favorites such as Astro City, Frank Miller and Sam Keith stuff but 6 or 7 years ago he turned me on to SIP and I was hooked like nothing else since FM's Daredevil days. I am eternally grateful.

wolf & frosti: My remedy for needing to talk SIP has been to foist the book on as many friends as possible. Since most of them are intelligent, literate, discerning avid readers, and female as well, it wasn't a hard sell. I just tell them to give it a try (I start with the TPB of the first series) and that it's the only comic book that ever made me cry. I give them each TPB up to number 7 and then I ween them onto the individual issues a few at a time until they're used to waiting six weeks in between fixes. Then it's kind of a special day when I tell them the new issue is coming out and we all share the anticipation. I now have at least half a dozen friends to discuss the book with.

I find the list members here very amiable and am glad to be in this number. Though I prefer Hydrox to Oreos (blasphemy!), I've never been known to turn down milk and cookies.

------------------
    Josh
    from Brooklyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think terry ought to be the whole oreo thing into a new issue. how did oreos become the official cookie, anyway? smile

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi johnnypanic, big welcomes back at ya, the door is always open! yeah i'm thinking i'm going to have to do that SIP lending thing too. i shouldn't be so damn lazy wink. i can think of a couple of people already...

they are converts already. they just don't know it yet...

wolf

------------------