Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Terry Moore et al,

Congrats on Birds of Prey. Like many people, I was worried that that book would go to somebody who has no clue on how to wright about relationships, friendships, and action all in one book. Then I find out on http://www.comicon.com/newsarama that you are taking over the book at issue #47!
    Strangers in Paradise is by far my most favorite book in comicdom and always been my example to others that yes, comics can tell a story better then TV, movies, and books. And that comics can even be deeper and stronger then all the "theme" books that english teachers drool over. The difference of course is the stories in SiP are fun to read and the art work ain't bad wink
    On that note, here come the questions:
    1) Please please say you are going to also do some artwork for BoP, or at least the covers. (I know not a question, but its difficult to beg and question at the same time)
    2)What are your plans for the book anyway? (There a question)
    3) What is the framed SiP issue in the background of Felicity (yes, I watch it voluntarily)on 10/24/01? It looked like issue 1 vol 3, with 2 pages of orginal artwork from that issue. Where did they get it, how much, and can you sell others?
    4) Umm...How is the family and you?
    Ok out of questions. Thank you again for the excellent work you produce and for being the only independent artist and writer who actually can keep their shipping dates. (yes thats a dig at pretty much everyone else in comicdom).

Later.

------------------
    You get no stinking sig!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

BoP is one of my favorite books. I was worried when I heard Dixon was leaving. Glad to hear that you are taking it over Terry. The relationship between Barbara and Diana is a fascinating one. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the characters.

------------------
    Selah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OH-MY-GOOOOOOOOOD!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

I nearly fell off my chair upon hearing these news! BoP is one of my favourite comic books, and I absolutely love Barbara Gordon... (from geek girl to geek girl wink

This is probably the best thing I've heard in ages...GO, TERRY!!!

A Didia Mattiaca

------------------
    #Com on wanre niht
    scrithan sceadugenga.#
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.1
    GATd-(---)s-:+a-C+++UL++PL++EW+++No--K-w---O-M--V--
    PS++PEY+PGPt++(--)5++(+++)XR+++$tvb++++DI--D---G++
    e+++h!r++x?
    ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I shall be honest and say I've never heard of that comic before in my life.
    I guess I'll have to check out some back issues.. knowing that Terry's gonna work on it makes me want to read it regardless, but I suppose I should check out the story.. HEEE.

And SiP appeared on felicity? Huh"?

------------------
    "I'm telling you stories. Trust me." Jeanette Winterson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone else wonder why Moore himself hasn't mentioned the book?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I know there is at least one graphic novel for BoP. It has some of the older stories.

Until recently, Diana (aka Black Canary) had not met Barbara (aka Oracle). For those who don't know, Oracle used to be BatGirl before she was paralized by the Joker. Now she is a computer wiz and the information central for all BatTeams. For this comic Oracle would give Canary missions to go on and information, but kept her identity secret. They communicate via Diana's earrings and necklace.

Barbara has had a few gentleman callers, but it is Dick Grayson (aka NightWing) who has stolen her heart. Carnary has had several dalliances but none particularly memorable. (Apparently she and Ollie (Green Arrow) used to be a hot item, but that is from other comics, not something I learned in BoP.)

Diana was chomping at the bit to find out Oracle's identity. She finally got her wish when Oracle was being hunted and Canary saved her.

There is more stuff, but unless you ask I'll let you read up on it in recent issues. wink

------------------
    Selah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wanted to say 'Welcome' to Terry from a long time Birds of Prey reader. I've never read SIP but from looking over the website and the comic recently, I have high hopes for his run on the book.

It is indeed about the former Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, now become Oracle, superhacker because she's been confined to a wheelchair as a result of events in Alan Moore's classic "The Killing Joke." I actually would recommend that trade highly to anyone going into the BoP without being familiar with Barbara's background.

Dinah Lance, Black Canary and former wearer of the fishnet stockings, was rescued from Superheroine hell by Chuck Dixon's run on the book. She used to be basically be used as Green Arrow's girlfriend and only recently has her character been used to it's full limits. The BoP trade paperback is a good enough place to start with Dinah.

The strength of BoP, as it seems in SIP, is the relationship between the two women.

Of late, I and other readers have been disappointed with the way Chuck Dixon has handled Dinah's character, making her less competent and more stupid as the book's run progresses. Dixon seems to have a much better handle on Barbara. I would send a plea here to Terry and hope that he can stop this downward trend for Dinah Lance.

And one hope that he uses Jim Gordon, Barbara's father, in this book, which hasn't really been done in the past. Jim's a favorite of mine and I think he would add something solid support. (I've also been thinking it would be interesting to see him develop some sort of relationship with Dinah- though not necessarily romantic- but I'm sure that's wishful thinking on my part.)

Thank you all for listening and I look forward to Terry's time on BOP with great anticipation.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Corrina, welcome to this board!

I agree with you, Carary of late has been dumbed down a bit and that has been baffling to watch. The whole marriage thing with Rah Al Gul or whatever the heck his name was, was disappointing and confusing to watch. I agree with you and hope Terry brings Canary back up to the spitfire we have seen before.

As for a romance with her and Jim Gordan, uh...ewwwwww wink

It would be nice to see a bit more of Gordan in this book, he is now a fairly under-used character and interacting with Barbara would be a joy to see, their relationship is also one of the best in comics.

Again, welcome to the board!

------------------
    Selah