Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm really looking forward to the brand new strips. I've always liked the newer ones better than the leftovers. The polar bear is a million times cooler than the "battoad" type strips which didn't really do anything for me.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm really looking forward to the brand new strips. I've always liked the newer ones better than the leftovers. The polar bear is a million times cooler than the "battoad" type strips which didn't really do anything for me.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool, I always loved the Kixie comics, cute and genuinely funny("it's a Sprite." "Gasp! Is it anyone I know!?") Hee hee hee...
    The bear is cute too, but some of the jokes seemed forced.
    I think if #4 is going to be more odds and ends I may skip it and just wait for #5. I don't mean to be well, mean. But I was very dissapointed with #3. It was just scribbles, nothing was finished, and frankly I thought the 'politcal humor' was overdone(and very bad) jokes that others have done, and in poor taste besides, considering who stoleImeanwon the "election". This is not the place for a screaming political debate, but I would personally think very poorly of someone who likes a man who thinks it's a great idea to drill for oil in National Preserves and uses our worst tragedy in living memory to further his right-wing agenda to strip us of all our rights while we're not looking. (sorry Terry but that's what I think)
    Soooo... back to gushing about the comics (deep breaths, deep breaths, think of your happy place...")
    I can't wait to see more of Wondervill too, we sorta got left after just introducing a brother in fear of his wife... should be intersting.
    Eagerly awaiting #5!! smile

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Moore:
    Nope, not at all. Quite the opposite in fact. I have no Kixie work left before starting 5. All you see from this point is is brand new.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops! My apologies for jumping from a insubstantial musing to a half baked conclusion without covering any of the intervening distance. Strawberry cake for everyone on me.

------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, just for the record I thought the majority of Issue 3 was very insightful into Terry's mind smile A lot of the doodles contained or themes in there are things which I find myself doodling too (at work!)

Also, the BatToad strip was great to me to see all the Duck Edwing cartoon refs and style usage smile Having grown up on Mad many things clicked, like the lil' dentures teeth when he blasted Rotten's brains out. Ah well, I suppose the humor in there just doesn't mesh with certain fan types wink

As far as the political stuff, I don't think one should have to screen their work out of fear of offending someone. He shares his view on everything else in life (religion, sexuality, etc) so I don't see what's wrong with a lil' governmental humor.

Lastly, I'm sure Terry will enjoy writing Kixie stuff for us, and don't think I'm opposed! I occasionally call my fiance Kix/Kixie as a nickname now... But I hope this won't stiffle him from sharing some of his other stlyes of work. Fortunately he's (Terry) said there'll be minor stuff in the back, so it looks like there's no need to worry.

&lt;whew&gt; That's a lot, I hope some folks see this smile

Keith Marston

Inactive Member christinethebean's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

ya'll are going to think me to be really lazy, but.... i only own the first issue of ptoo. i've been reading the other ones in the store when i pick up my new comics.

hehehe *pink panther-steps away at doublespeed*

------------------
    those who hear not the music think the dancers mad
    she is like a symphony to me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Kixie is due next week! biggrin
    Now, because of Christmas being on Tuesday, does that mean Thursday or Friday? confused

------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrasymachos:
    Kixie is due next week! biggrin
    Now, because of Christmas being on Tuesday, does that mean Thursday or Friday? confused

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comics will be coming out on Friday for the next two weeks due to christmas and new years holidays.

------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12