Thread: Terry: Kabuki and SiP in the Chat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I know this was just mentioned in passing but I love Kabuki and think that SiP and Kabuki could coexist in the same 'world'. It would make a great crossover or even if Little Sister just appeared on the TV in Davids apartment or something. Yes, yes I know fanboy fantasies.. but I would love to see the two best comics together in one place. Terry's and David's artwork together, each drawing thier own characters, would just be bliss smile

Maybe a sort of Worlds Finest type of thing, who knows what David(SiP David not David Mack smile has done in his past or who he's run into (maybe Kabuki could have met him when she worked for the Noh) and who might have grudges against him.. maybe Katchoo has to pull his butt out of the fire from the other Noh agents and Kabuki helps. Maybe thats what Katchoo found when she went searching for David.

Ahh yes I know.. I need to use my characters and not other peoples but its so much fun to imagine smile

------------------
    The Taco Man commands me!
    Gir.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katchoo and Francine and Kabuki were all in a police line-up once, and another time they played a game of poker (you can guess which kind). But I'm afraid their worlds are a little too different for a real crossover. For instance, if Kabuki was a child during World War II, she'd be about 50 today, so which reality are we dealing with? And Noh training can't be completed in a couple of weeks by gaijin. On the other hand, Kabuki herself isn't pure Japanese.
    Mack faced a similar problem when he had to do a Vampirella tribute. He thought, How can I possibly put Kabuki and Vampirella in the same picture? By having Kabuki stand in front of a painting of Vampirella. Maybe something similar could happen with the S.i.P. girls, like Katchoo drinking from a T.H.B. cup. Scarab is a fan of American comics; maybe she could read S.i.P.

------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No offense, but the notion of of a Kabuki/SiP crossover makes my head hurt.

The only cross over that would fit Kabuki would be David and Tambi's blood drippping from Kabuki's scythes with her whispering 'Little Sister is watching you' to a stunned Katchoo before she fades into the darkness, and I doubt anyone wants to see that...

Kabuki isn't necessarily that old...she was born an indeterminate # of years after WW2 when Kai raped her mother. Kai was a very young teenager at the end of WW2, and had returned from abroad as an adult. Kabuki could have been born as late as the early or mid 60's.....

Darth

------------------
    'If a man is willing to die, he can be killed'
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh good point about Kabuki being almost 50 now.. guess my imagination jumped ahead of logic, happens alot smile hehe we could always use a cheesy wormhole accident to send Katchoo and Francine back in time smile

Though I guess since they are so far apart Katchoo or Francine might read about Kabuki's exploits in a book or paper then let thier imaginations run wild smile

An older Kabuki could be interesting though, that might be why she agrees to accept Katchoo's help or something. Or she just bumps into them on the street and francine wonders about Kabuki's scars.. hehe but I would like to see Katchoo and Kabuki kincking butt smile

------------------
    The Taco Man commands me!
    Gir.