Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"The Bush administration reports that a fetus may be reclassified as an 'unborn child' eligible for government health care benefits," writes the aptly named childfree. "Some say this will help both the mother and child by increasing the amount of prenatal care available to a developing fetus; others say this is another step toward abolishing the legal right to abortion. The inset, 'Bush policies on abortion and the unborn child,' will not reassure pro-choice people that the intent of this fetal reclassification is good."

Your thoughts?

------------------
    This is a hard world to be ludicrous in, with so many humans beings reluctant to laugh - Kurt Vonnegut

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

That stinks. A woman should be given the choice to abort a pregnancy. There are lots of circumstances in which abortion is the best choice.
    In my country young women can get the pill for free. Condoms are being bought and used. Sex education already starts in school when the kids are about 10 years old. Abortion is not a big issue. And then look at the teen-pregnancies over here. There barely are any! I don't know any single girl who had a teen-pregnancy.
    If I'd get raped and pregnant I would not want that child. If I were 14 years old and did not have the financial support, nor the emotional strength I would not want that child. What is the use to ban abortion? So that even more kids come to this world unwanted, unloved, end up on the streets?
    I think Bush has his brains up his ass.

------------------
    Princess, Having Had Sufficient
    Experience With Princes, Seeks Frog.

I'm the queen of pantsless posters!!

~SpawnyGirl~ ~Angel of Fire~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holland has one of the lowest rates of unwanted pregnancies, teenage pregnancies and abortions in the world.

I hope Bush keeps eating pretzels and chokes on one so women and girls in America won't have to go to some alley and bleed to death from an illegal abortion. On the other hand... watching stupid talkshows makes me wonder if maybe these people don't also need a lesson or two on protection to keep them from getting pregnant in the first place.

------------------