Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's true... I sure wasn't prepared and I am still way too immature, but what they hey it's too late now [img]smile.gif[/img] You know this kid is going to get the coolest toys though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually most people here wait till then and I think its way too old. Because you're so stable generally you don't tend to adjust to a kid anymore. Kids get into more accidents around the home here because older parents are unable to relate to hazards for small children nor adapt to their newborns as well as young people. When you're in your twenties you're not as set in your ways so you can adapt your life to your kid, which is sort of what you should do imho, rather then fit your kid into your life.

My parents were 22 and 24 when they had their first kid and it was never a problem. You adapt. After you've turned 30 adapting to anything because problematic. Let alone adjusting your entire life to a kid.

Hence all the confused parents who want to be responsible parents but also want to have a 'life of their own'. They feel guilty about not making a clear choice and spoil their kids rotten with everything, trying to be their kids friend and ruining them -into irresponsible adults- in the process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12