My name is Larry Meistrich; I founded The Shooting Gallery and Film Movement, two New York-based production and distribution companies. I have worked in both the independent and studio worlds and have created a new company called NEHST that makes the process of participating in and creating and distributing content more accessible.

I had Academy Award winner " Sling Blade " ( Billy Bob Thornton)
I had Academy Award nominations " You can count on me " ( Laura Linney)
I made industry history when Billy Bob Thornton's Academy Award winner " Sling Blade " was purchased by Miramax for a price that broke all previous sale records in independent film.

I'm coming back with a new well funded Company, Nehst Studios. We will host Pitches,
we will Produce, we will Distribute.
I really believe Nehst can give a chance to thousands of talented unknown people who are currently kept " out the door ".

I am actively looking for projects to finance, and I'm having Pitch sessions in New York and New Jersey to fill up my slate of projects.
You can choose between ?Open Pitch? ( sharing the pitch with other people in the same room ) or ?One on One Pitch? ( just with me in a nice comfortable space bar/restaurant )
We will have the One on One Pitch every Tuesday night In NY and NJ all summer long.
We have a large slate of movies to shoot within the next two years, budget from one to fifty million dollars each.

In the meanwhile I'm meeting people, talents who have no access to the real industry, screenwriters, filmmakers, producers, actors, artists..
We have scheduled meetings to introduce Nehst Studios, the next one will be the July 12th
in Philadelphia with a group of screenwriters/filmmakers/actors from a MeetUp Group.
It is a free event, it is a free chance to get to know me, and it is a free chance to learn something new about the change of Indie?s concept.
If you wish to come, contact my office at [email protected] and we will give you all the info you need to participate.
Or if you just want to check me out, please visit our website at www.pitchnehst.com
If you are not from this area, you can submit your virtual pitch through the web site, your
project will be read or seen, and we will get back to you with our suggestions or our offer.

We are also looking for a large number of interns for Nehst Studios, starting now.
It?s a great chance to have your foot in the door. You you wish to have more info about working for us, please contact my office at [email protected]

Sincerely, Larry Meistrich.