Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just did a netsearch

About the rumour that this cam was used by Nike for research

"Also in the late 70?s Polaroid introduced a camera called the Mekel 300. It was manufactured by Mekel Engineering and marketed by Polaroid. It used a special Polaroid film that would develop during the first pass through the Player. It would only record at 300 fps. Polaroid sold it until 1982 and then Mekel Engineering continued to sell it until Polaroid discontinued making the film in about 1984. "
    http://www.motionengineering.com/university_101.cfm

"...NIKE Research...

...After a short warm-up, the subjects were presented with each condition in a random order. The subjects ran on a treadmill for two minutes in each condition at seven minutes per mile pace. At the end of the two minute run, high speed film (200fps) was taken of the subjects from behind...

...Improvement

...A previous study demonstrated the use of the Mekel 300 Camera filming motion at 300 frames per second. With the aid of this camera ..."
    http://www.summitchiro.net/orthotics.htm

So Nike DID use a camera by MEKEL for research... However, if they used the SP-1(R) remains uncertain. The SP-1 and the 300 seem somewhat similar, could it be the same camera ?
    Polaroid Super8 film in kodak cartridge ??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard some stories about Polaroid. I'm not presenting this as fact but allegedly Polaroid solicited Eumig to make Super-8 cameras for them back in the late 70's early 80's and Eumig spent millions of dollars setting up a facility in the States and then Polaroid reneged because Video came in so quickly.

Eumig lost a ton of money and went bankrupt because of this deal. Eumig was really a cool, visionary company that really understood the magic of Super-8.

Their 881 PMA's are such a wet dream and can be so complex to explain to a newbie that many people never even figure out all the options the camera provides.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cranium, the only thing I really was secretive about was the name of the camera.

And I had a reason.

The reason was I did a search on the camera several times and FOUND NOTHING! If I had mentioned the name of the camera, and people started doing searches, and found nothing, they would have started calling me a liar and then it would have turned into a topic replete with accusations and you'd better post pictures or else...

Hey wait a minute, it did anyway! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    In an effort to try and give some credit to another Super-8 poster I looked on Brantley's forum trying to find the proposed threading diagram that was a dead ringer for the camera I have.

Maybe it was on the Shooting 8mm forum where I saw it. Someone posted the drawing/diagram in the last 6 months, but I can't find it!

It might have been crimsonson, Rollem Film, or Roxics. I did an extensive search on Brantley's forum and could not find the post, maybe it was on shooting 8mm?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Apparently it was Lucas Lightfeat who had correctly theorized the design of a Super-8 pin registered camera.

Cranium, I suggest YOU go back and read my first few posts and see just how chock full of information they really were.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've re-read them.
    you're right. they're chock full of information.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345