Hi all,

New to the hobby and to the forum. I have a basic question about the use of KODAK PLUS-X Reversal Film 7265 in a Minolta xl401 camera. I understand that the xl401 does not read Kodak E64T color stock "correctly" and that I need to make a 2/3 stop adjustment to compensate for the camera's auto overexposure because it will believe that I have it loaded with 40T.

Will I need to also make adjustments for the Kodak black and white stock (KODAK PLUS-X Reversal Film 7265) or will it "read" that just fine?

Thanks for your help!
Blake

From the Kodak web site:

"Exposure Indexes
For recommended reversal processing:

Tungsten (3200K) - 80 Daylight - 100

Use these indexes with incident- or reflected-light exposure meters and cameras marked for ISO or ASA speeds or exposure indexes. These indexes apply for meter readings of average subjects made from the camera position or for readings made from a gray card of 18-percent reflectance held close to and in front of the subject. For unusually light- or dark-colored subjects, decrease or increase the exposure indicated by the meter accordingly.

For negative processing (gamma=1.0) in a typical motion picture negative developer, use the following exposure indexes:

Tungsten (3200K) - 20 Daylight - 25

When exposing in super 8 cameras through a KODAK WRATTEN Gelatin Filter No. 85, the effective speed is reduced to 64 for daylight. In automatic cameras, due to the cartridge speed and filter notching system, the film will be exposed as follows:

Daylight (no filter) - 100
Daylight (with filter) - 64
Tungsten (without filter) - 80
The film latitude will provide satisfactory results at these exposure levels"